Dr. Ying Shang
Dean of the Talwar College of Engineering and Computer Sciences, Professor of Electrical Engineering
Talwar College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2101
Office: Zolner Engineering Building 111E
- ECE 3000 – Signals and Systems
- ECE 3100 – Linear Controls
- Ph.D. University of Notre Dame, Electrical Engineering
- M.S. University of Notre Dame, Electrical Engineering
- B.S. Shandong University, Control Science
- Dean, College of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Evansville
- Chair, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Laurent Hardouin, Bertrand Cottenceau, Ying Shang and Jörg Raisch, “Control and state estimation for max-plus linear systems”, Foundations and Trends® in Systems and Control, Vol. 6: No. 1, pp 1-116, 2018.
- Laurent Hardouin, Ying Shang, Carlos Andrey Maia, Bertrand Cottenceau, “Observer-based controller for max-plus linear systems,” IEEE Transaction on Automatic Control, Vol. 62, Issue 5, pp. 2153-2165, 2017.
- Ying Shang, Laurent Hardouin, Mehdi Lhommeau, Carlos Andrey Maia, “An integrated control strategy in disturbance decoupling of max-plus linear systems with applications to a high throughput screening system,” Automatica, vol. 63, pp. 338-348, 2016.
- Ying Shang, “Towards geometric control of max-plus linear systems with applications to queueing networks,” International Journal of Systems Science, Vol. 44, Issue 1, pp.34-49, 2013.
- Ying Shang, Michael K. Sain, “Fixed zeros in the model matching problem for systems over semirings,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, Vol. 434, Issue 1, pp. 18-43, 2011.
- Ying Shang, “Robust invariance in uncertain discrete event systems with applications to transportation networks,” IMA Journal of Mathematical Control and Information, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 145-164, 2010.
- Ying Shang, Michael K. Sain, “Fixed poles in the model matching problem for systems over semirings,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, Vol. 430, Issue 8, pp. 2368-2388, 2009.