Lilly Professional Development Scholarship
The Lilly Faculty Development Fund draws on an endowment established through a grant from the Lilly Endowment Inc. to financially support our faculty in their continuous improvement efforts. All full-time faculty members, as well as academic administrators with faculty status, are eligible to submit a proposal for funding.
A successful grant proposal must meet one or more of the following purposes:
- Energize the full time faculty of Indiana Tech to do something out of their ordinary daily activities or to increase their expertise in an area relevant to their teaching and/or research responsibilities or interests.
- Encourage faculty to develop a strong academic component to current offerings.
- Support our institution’s mission as a teaching university.
- Develop faculty initiatives which might support advanced study and/or degree matriculation, research, bringing visiting lecturers/speakers, creating program forums and other creative ideas.
- Develop in‐service training for all full‐time faculty to improve their teaching, to better understand Indiana Tech’s student population, to develop special initiatives to help retention, and bring in subject matter experts that may have general faculty interest.
Examples of past projects that have been awarded Lilly Faculty Development Grants include:
- Study of advanced instructional design
- Development of a new course on coaching and consulting
- Professional development for teaching dramatic literature
- Faculty attendance at workshops and conferences related to their fields
For more information on the grant application process, please download the application.