Assistant Professor, Marketing and Management
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2140
Cell Phone: 574.286.5052
Office: Indiana Tech Law School, Room 245
BA 1200 Foundations of Business
BA 2010 Principles of Management
BA 2310 Foundations of Business Communications
BA 2460 Exploring Entrepreneurship
BA 2500 Marketing
BA 3460 Evaluating Start-Up Potential
BA 3500 Advertising
MBA 6400 International Marketing
MBA 6420 Marketing Research
MSM 7200 Applied Management Project
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 11 AM – 1 PM and 2-4 PM
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 11:15 AM – 2:15 PM
- Other times by appointment
- To schedule an appointment, log in to your account at https://blackboard.indianatech.edu/
College of Business
Academic Advisor Roles
Advisor to international students in the College of Business, and to students with concentrations in entrepreneurial studies, management, and marketing
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in International Business
Higher Education Instruction
- Visiting Lecturer, Indiana University South Bend (South Bend)
- Associate Faculty, Indiana University South Bend (South Bend)
- Lead Instructor in Organizational Management, Bethel College (Mishawaka)
- Assistant Professor, Ivy Tech Community College (South Bend and Elkhart)
- Consultant to first-stage and second-stage entrepreneurs
- Director of Prospect Research and Advancement Services, Holy Cross College (Notre Dame)
- Business Advisor and Trainer, South Bend Area Small Business Development Center (South Bend)
- Account Director and Marketing Strategist, Villing & Company (South Bend)
- Associate Marketing Manager, Environmental Test Systems (Elkhart)
- Lugar Brettin, S., & Wiese, M. (2011). The market oriented innovator’s dilemma. Business Journal of Entrepreneurs, N. 4, pp 22-51.
- Lugar Brettin, S. (2013). A proposed framework for entrepreneurial learning. Business Education Innovation Journal, V. 5, N. 1, pp 37-40.
- Lugar Brettin, S. (2013). Creating entrepreneurial learning communities in higher education. Business Education Innovation Journal, V. 5, N. 2, pp 53-57.
- Lugar Brettin, S. (2014). Mapping bridges to creative collaboration. Business Education Innovation Journal, V. 6, N. 1, pp 24-26.
- Lugar Brettin, S. (2014). The market oriented innovator’s dilemma. Saarbrücken, Germany: Scholar’s Press.
- Lugar Brettin, S., & Zazueta, J. (2014). Incorporating strategy and business model innovation into a capstone course using a shared services center case approach. Business Education Innovation Journal, V. 6, N. 2.
- Keynote speaker for the U.S. State Department’s Study of the United States Global Women’s Leadership Initiative (2012-2015). Topic for presentation: “Women’s Economic Empowerment.”
- 2014 Indiana Tech Leepoxy Award for Innovative Teaching Practices.
- Lilly Faculty Development Grant Recipient for conferences in advanced instructional design, critical thinking, and creativity.
- Board member of the Northeast Indiana Sustainable Business Council since 2014.
- Rotary International member since 2005 (Fort Wayne Downtown Club member since 2013).
- Athena Award Winner in 2011 (Saint Joseph County) for work in developing the SPARK Entrepreneurship Program.