Assistant Professor, Marketing and Management
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2140
Cell Phone: 574.286.5052
Office: Cunningham Business Center, Room 325C
Special Topics in Marketing
Evaluating Start-Up Potential
Principles of Management
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9-10 AM, 11 AM-1 PM, 2-4 PM
- Tuesday, Thursday: 12:15-2 PM
- Other times by appointment
College of Business
Academic Advisor Roles
Advisor to international students in the College of Business, and to students with concentrations in entrepreneurial studies, management, and marketing
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in International Business
Higher Education Instruction
- Visiting Lecturer, Indiana University South Bend (South Bend)
- Associate Faculty, Indiana University South Bend (South Bend)
- Lead Instructor in Organizational Management, Bethel College (Mishawaka)
- Assistant Professor, Ivy Tech Community College (South Bend and Elkhart)
- Consultant to first-stage and second-stage entrepreneurs
- Director of Prospect Research and Advancement Services, Holy Cross College (Notre Dame)
- Business Advisor and Trainer, South Bend Area Small Business Development Center (South Bend)
- Account Director and Marketing Strategist, Villing & Company (South Bend)
- Associate Marketing Manager, Environmental Test Systems (Elkhart)
- Lugar Brettin, S., & Wiese, M. (2011). The market oriented innovator’s dilemma. Business Journal of Entrepreneurs, N. 4, pp 22-51.
- Lugar Brettin, S. (2013). A proposed framework for entrepreneurial learning. Business Education Innovation Journal, V. 5, N. 1, pp 37-40.
- Lugar Brettin, S. (2013). Creating entrepreneurial learning communities in higher education. Business Education Innovation Journal, V. 5, N. 2, pp 53-57.
- Lugar Brettin, S. (2014). Mapping bridges to creative collaboration. Business Education Innovation Journal, V. 6, N. 1, pp 24-26.
- Lugar Brettin, S. (2014). The market oriented innovator’s dilemma. Saarbrücken, Germany: Scholar’s Press.
- Lugar Brettin, S., & Zazueta, J. (2014). Incorporating strategy and business model innovation into a capstone course using a shared services center case approach. Business Education Innovation Journal, V. 6, N. 2.
- Keynote speaker for the U.S. State Department’s Study of the United States Global Women’s Leadership Initiative (2012-2014). Topic for presentation: “Women’s Economic Empowerment.”
- 2014 Indiana Tech Leepoxy Award for Innovative Teaching Practices.
- Lilly Faculty Development Grant Recipient for conferences in advanced instructional design and critical thinking.
- Board member of the Northeast Indiana Sustainable Business Council since 2014.
- Rotary International member since 2005 (Fort Wayne Downtown Club member since 2013).
- Athena Award Winner in 2011 (Saint Joseph County) for work in developing the SPARK Entrepreneurship Program.