Assistant Professor, Marketing and Management
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2140
Cell Phone: 574.286.5052
Office: Cunningham Business Center, Room 325C
- BA 1200 Foundations of Business
- BA 2010 Principles of Management
- BA 2460 Exploring Entrepreneurship
- BA 2500 Marketing
- BA 3460 Evaluating Start-Up Potential
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10-11 a.m., Noon-1 p.m., 2-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Other times by appointment
College of Business
Academic Advisor Roles
Advisor to international students in the College of Business, and to students with concentrations in entrepreneurial studies, management, and marketing
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in International Business
Higher Education Instruction
- Visiting Lecturer, Indiana University South Bend (South Bend)
- Associate Faculty, Indiana University South Bend (South Bend)
- Lead Instructor in Organizational Management, Bethel College (Mishawaka)
- Assistant Professor, Ivy Tech Community College (South Bend and Elkhart)
- Consultant to first-stage and second-stage entrepreneurs
- Director of Prospect Research and Advancement Services, Holy Cross College (Notre Dame)
- Business Advisor and Trainer, South Bend Area Small Business Development Center (South Bend)
- Account Director and Marketing Strategist, Villing & Company (South Bend)
- Associate Marketing Manager, Environmental Test Systems (Elkhart)
- Lugar Brettin, S., & Wiese, M. (2011). The market oriented innovator’s dilemma. Business Journal of Entrepreneurs, (4), 22-51.
- Lugar Brettin, S. (2013). A proposed framework for entrepreneurial learning. Business Education Innovation Journal, 5(1), 37-40.
- Lugar Brettin, S. (2013). Creating entrepreneurial learning communities in higher education. Business Education Innovation Journal, 5(2), 53-57.
- Lugar Brettin, S. (2014). Mapping bridges to creative collaboration. Business Education Innovation Journal, 6(1), 24-26.
- Keynote speaker for the U.S. State Department’s Study of the United States Global Women’s Leadership Initiative hosted at Saint Mary’s College (2012-2014, Notre Dame). Topic for presentation: “Women’s Economic Empowerment.”
- Rotary International member since 2005 (Fort Wayne Downtown Club member since 2012).
- Athena Award Winner in 2011 (Saint Joseph County) for work in developing the SPARK Entrepreneurship Program at Saint Mary’s College (Notre Dame).
- Anderson Flagship Enterprise Center (Anderson) researcher and speaker 2008-2011.
- Awarded Graduate of the Last Decade in 2000 from Ball State University (Muncie) for academic excellence and service to an international organization in Russia.