Associate Professor, Sport Management
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2339
Cell Phone: N/A
Office: Law School, Room 235
- BA 1200 Foundations of Business
- SM 1400 Intro to Sport Management
- SM 2600 Field Experience in Sport Management
- SM 2990 Current Trends in Sport Management
- SM 3100 Sport Facility and Event Management
- M,W: 8:30-9 a.m., 11 a.m.-12 p.m., 1-4 p.m.
- T,Th: 8:30-9:30 a.m., 1-4 p.m.
- F: 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
College of Business
Academic Advisor Roles
Business Administration - Sport Management
- Graduate Certificate, Sport Management, Southern New Hampshire University (2011)
- Master of Business Administration, Indiana Tech (2004)
- B.S., Indiana State University (1995)
- Fall 2006 – Present: Associate Professor of Sport Management: Indiana Tech
- Fall 2004 – Spring 2006: Adjunct Professor: Indiana Tech
- October 1997 – Instructor: Michiana College
“Leadership Examples in Sports Movies”, Indiana Tech College of Business Leadership Week, Sep. 2014.
“Taking your Leadership into the Workplace”, Wolverine Hoosier Athletic Conference, Student Athlete Advisory Council, Jan. 2015.
“Sports and related recreational activities are not only fun, they are also big business. With annual revenue at an estimated $200 billion, the sport industry is one of the largest in the U.S. I challenge Sport Management students to get serious about working in a sport-related field they are passionate about and work toward gaining the education and experience necessary to succeed in the sport industry. Students in our program can expect to gain knowledge through specialized sport management coursework and apply that knowledge by engaging in sport-related field experiences and internships that best fits their level of interest and passion.”
Craig Dyer, Associate Professor of Sport Management
Prof. Dyer has been involved in sport his entire life: from playing youth sport, to working in the sport industry, to coaching and officiating. Professor Dyer’s involvement in sport is broad and continues today. In addition to instructing college students, Prof. Dyer serves as Indiana Tech’s Faculty Athletics Representative to the NAIA, Champions Character Liaison, and WHAC Conduct & Ethics Committee member. Additionally, Professor Dyer is the Faculty Advisor to Indiana Tech’s Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) chapter, and student Sport Management Society (S.M.S.)
In his free time, Prof. Dyer loves coaching basketball, watching his kids participate in various sports, and occasionally running a 5k or 10k. Professor Dyer is married and has two children.