Dr. Zakariya AlHamouz
College of Engineering
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2441
Cell Phone: 5617139607
Office: Zollner Engineering Center, Room 111
MTW: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
R: 4:00 – 5:00 pm
F: 11:00 – 12:00 am
- EE 2100
- EE 3150
- EE 4350
PhD, Electrical Engineering, KFUPM
M.Sc, Electrical Engineering, JUST University
B.Sc, Electrical Engineering, Yarmouk University
Michigan Tech, 2018-2019
Has teaching and research experience at KFUPM, AnNajah National University – Palestine,, American University of London- UK and Michigan Tech- USA.
Below is an abbreviated list of publications by Dr. AlHamouz. You can also download Dr. AlHamouz’ full publications list for the complete list.
- “Contamination Monitoring of High Voltage Insulators”, Patent No. US20110242313 A1, Issued, November 24, 2012
- “System and Method for Estimating Corona Power Loss in a Dust-Loaded Electrostatic Precipitator”, US Patent # US 8,521,455 B2, , Issued, August 27, 2013
- “Method of Modeling Fly Ash Collection Efficiency in Wire-Duct Electrostatic Precipitators”, Patent No US 8608826, Issued, 2013.
- “Sliding Mode AGC Controller and Method”, Patent No. US 8,626,350, Issued on July 2016. “Contamination level estimation method for high voltage insulators”, Patent No US9384560B2, Issued on July 2016.
- “Ranking Method for Hybrid Renewable Distributed Generation Systems”, Published, Patent No. USPTO 20150339266, November 2015.
- “System and Method for Non-Linear Model Predictive Control of Multi-Machine Power Systems”, Published, Patent No. USPTO 20160170429, July 2016.
- Maraaba, Al-Hamouz Z., A. Mulhim, and T. Ssennoga, “Comprehensive Parameters Identification and Dynamic Model Validation of Interior-Mount Line-Start Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors”, Machines, pp. 1-22, 2019 (ISI).
- Maraaba, Al-Hamouz Z., A. Mulhim and M.A. Abido, “Neural Network-Based Diagnostic Tool for Detecting Stator Inter-Turn Faults in Line Start Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors”, IEEE Access, Vol.7, pp. 89014 – 89025 , 2019 (ISI).
- Maraaba, Al-Hamouz Z., and M.A. Abido, “An Accurate Tool for Detecting Stator Inter-Turn Fault in LSPMSM”, IEEE Access, pp. 88622– 88634, 2019 (ISI).
- Hussein I., Al-Hamouz Z., Abido M and A. Milhem, “On the Mathematical Modeling of Line-Start Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors under Static Eccentricity”, Energies, 11, 197, 2018. (ISI).
- Mamdouh, Mohammad Ali Abido, Al-Hamouz Z., “Weighting Factor Selection Techniques for Predictive Torque Control of Induction Motor Drives: A Comparison Study”, AJSE, pp. 433-445, 2018. (ISI).
- Shafiul Alam, M. Abido, Al–Hamouz Z., “Model predictive control approach for bridge type-fault current limiter in VSC-HVDC system”, AJSE, pp. 1-11, May 2018. (ISI).
- Maraaba, Al-Hamouz Z., and M.A. Abido,” An Efficient Stator Inter-Turn Fault Diagnosis Tool for Induction Motors”, Energies 2018, 11(3), 653; doi:10.3390/en11030653 (ISI).
- Maraaba, Al-Hamouz Z., M. Abido and A. Mulhim, “Novel Modelling of Interio r-Mount LSPMSM under Asymmetrical Stator Winding’, IET Electric Power Applications, DOI: 10.1049/iet-epa.2017.0525, May 2018, p. 693 – 700 (ISI).
- Baradieh and Al-Hamouz Z, “Modelling and Simulation of Line Start Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors with Broken Bars”, J. of Electrical and Electronic Systems, DOI: 10.4172/2332-0796.1000259, 2018.
- Maraaba, Al-Hamouz Z., and M. Abido “Mathematical Modeling, Simulation, and Experimental Testing of Interior-Mount LSPMSM Under Stator Inter-Turn Fault”, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, DOI: 10.1109/TEC.2018.2886137, December 2018 (ISI).
- Samy Faddel, Abdulrahman Aldeek, Ali T. Al-Awami, E. Sortomme, and Al-Hamouz Z., ‘Ancillary Services Bidding for Uncertain Bidirectional V2G Using Fuzzy Linear Programming,’ Energy, 986-999, 2018 (ISI).
- Makbul A., Ssennoga T., Al-Hamouz Z., “Analyzing the potential and progress of distributed generation applications in Saudi Arabia: The case of solar and wind resources”,
Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, pp. 287-297, 2017, (ISI).
- Maraaba, Al-Hamouz Z., and H. Al-Duwaish, “A Neural Network-Based Estimation of the Level of Contamination on High-Voltage Porcelain and Glass Insulators”, Electrical Engineering, pp.1-10, August 2017. (ISI).