Dr. Maximo J. Ortega
Talwar College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2321
Office: Zollner Engineering Center, Room 014
- M: 11 am-12 pm, 3-4 pm
- T: 12:30-3 pm
- W: 1:30-4 pm
- R: 12:30-1 pm
- By appointment
- EGR 4820 Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- IME 3040 Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems
- IME 3060 Advanced Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- IME 4973 Senior Project I
- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo (2001)
- M.S., Industrial Engineering, Juarez Institute of Technology, Mexico (1995)
- M.S., Educational Mathematics, Research and Advanced Studies Center (CINVESTAV), Mexico (1990)
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, Chihuahua Institute of Technology, Mexico (1982)
Academic Leadership and Management Experience
- 2003-2006: Research Office Coordinator, Department of Industrial Engineering, Chihuahua II Technological Institute, Mexico.
- 1994-1996: Department Head, Department of Undergraduate Studies, Chihuahua II Technological Institute, Mexico. (6 full-time coordinators; 2000 undergrads; 5 programs)
- 1991–1994: Department Head, Department of Industrial Engineering, Chihuahua II Technological Institute, Mexico. (7 full-time faculties; 3 part- time faculties; 11 lecturers; 400 undergrads)
- 1989-1991: Information Sciences Coordinator, Chihuahua II Technological Institute, Mexico.
- 2006-present: Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Indiana Institute of Technology.
- 2001-2002: Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial Technology, Purdue University.
- 2000-2001: Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant, Department of Industrial Engineering, SUNY at Buffalo.
- 1988-2006: Associate Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering, Chihuahua II Technological Institute (ITCH II), Mexico.
- 1993-2006: Lecturer, Engineering Department, Monterrey Institute of Technology (ITESM), Mexico.
- 1987-1988: Assistant Professor, Industrial Engineering Department, Delicias Technological Institute, Mexico.
- 1985-1987: Instructor, Technical Community College 122 (CBTIS 122), Mexico.
- 2003-2006: Consulting and continuous education activities with Mexican companies representing ITESM and ITCH II, Chihuahua, Mexico.
- 1998-2001: Consultant: Center for Excellence and The Global Enterprise, I participated in the development of several discrete simulation projects with local industries, Buffalo, NY.
- 1984-1985: Contamination Inspector: Government Agency, I verified industry compliance with environmental regulations. Chihuahua, Mexico
- 1982-1984: Maintenance Supervisor: ASARCO, I was responsible for continuity of the operations at a Zinc plant. Avalos, Mexico.
- Ortega, M. J. (2012). Lessons Learned During the Implementation of a Virtual Manufacturing Laboratory. Proceedings 2012 Annual ISERC.
- Ortega, M. J. (2010). Lessons Learned from the Implementation of a Virtual Manufacturing Laboratory. 7th Annual ICI Instructional Technology Summit, August 6th 2010.
- Ortega, M. J. (2010). Implementation of a Virtual Manufacturing Laboratory. Fort Wayne Teaching Conference, February 26th 2010.
- Ortega, M. J. (2009). Developing Small Pseudo-Tutorials as Part of a Continuous Improvement Process. Proceedings 2009 Annual IERC.
- Ortega, M. J. (2007). Using a Modified Version of Theory of Constraints and Simulation for Improving Manufacturing Cell Performance. Proceedings 2007 Annual IERC.
- Ortega, M. J. (2007). Continuous Improvement through Statistical Analysis of Test Results. Fort Wayne Teaching Conference, February 16th 2007, Session G Assessment II.
- Ortega, M. J. (2006). Supply Chain Software: Are We Using The Right Tools? Investigación Multidisciplinaria, 4(1) Spring 2006, 49-69.
- Ortega, M. J. and Lin, L. (2004). Control Theory Applications to the Production-Inventory Problem: A Review. International Journal of Production Research, 42(11), 2303-2322.
- Ortega, M. J. (2003). Discretization of Some Stochastic Inventory Models. Proceedings 2003 Annual IERC.
- Ortega, M. J. (2002). Using the History of Calculus as an Aid for Teaching Dynamics. Proceedings 2002 Annual ASEE Conference, session 3536.
- Ortega, M. J. and Stephens, M. P. (2002). Using Computer Simulation To Aid With Understanding Control Charts. Proceeding 2002 Annual NAIT Conference, pp. 284-291.
Advise the IME teams that compete at the National Robotics Challenge.