Dr. Stephanos Mavromoustakos
School of Computer Sciences
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 3474
Office: Zollner Engineering Center, Room 111
TR 9:30 am – 1:30 pm and by appointment
- CS 2500 – Database Systems
- IS 1300 – Programming I
- IS 4100 – IS Senior Project I
- IS 4700 – IS Senior Project II
Academic Advisor Roles
Information Systems, Web Development
- PhD – Computer Science – University of Cyprus (2006)
- MIBA – International Business – Nova Southeastern University (2000)
- MSc. – Computer Information Systems – Nova Southeastern University (1994)
- BSc. – Computer Information Systems – Nova Southeastern University (1994)
Academic Leadership and Teaching Experience
- 2014 – 2019: Assistant Professor – University of Windsor, Canada
- 2012 – 2013: Dept. Vice Head / Coordinator of Information Systems – European University Cyprus
- 2006 – 2012: Assistant Professor / Coordinator of Information Systems – European University Cyprus
- 2008 – 2009: Invited Lecturer / Visiting Professor – Cyprus Technical University
- 2002 – 2006: Lecturer – The Philips College, Cyprus
- 1996 – 2000: Adjunct Professor – Nova Southeastern University, USA
- 1995 – 1996: Dept. Head / Instructor – Florida National University
- 2001 – 2013: CEO / Senior Consultant – Cyprosoft, Cyprus
- 2001 – 2001: Senior IT Consultant – H.S. Data Ltd (Data Group/Unisys), Cyprus
- 1998 – 1999: Educational Technology Coordinator – Nova Southeastern University, USA
- 1996 – 1998: Owner / Project Manager – Velos Star, Inc., USA
- 1995 – 1995: Analyst / Programmer – ISSI, Inc., USA
- Stephanos Mavromoustakos, Areeba Kamal, “Student Engagement Practices for Computer Science Students in Online Learning Environments”, in Optimizing Student Engagement in Online Learning Environments, IGI Global, USA, (2017).
- Maria Meletiou-Mavrotheris, Katerina Mavrou, George Stylianou, Stefanos Mavromoustakos, George Christou. “Teaching Mathematics with Tablet PCs: A Professional Development Program Targeting Primary School Teachers”, in Tablets in K-12 Education: Integrated Experiences and Implications, IGI Global, USA, (2014).
- Katerina Papanikolaou, Stephanos Mavromoustakos. “Mobile Learner-centred Design”, in Encyclopaedia of Mobile Computing and Commerce, vol. 2, Idea Group, USA, (2007).
- Katerina Papanikolaou, Stephanos Mavromoustakos, (2010). “Web 2.0 based e-Learning Development Process”, Journal of the World Universities Forum [invited paper].
- S. Mavromoustakos, K. Papanikolaou, (2009). A Quality Evaluation Model for Web2.0 e-Learning Systems, UPGRADE: The European Journal for the Informatics Professional.
- Stephanos M. Mavromoustakos, Andreas S. Andreou, (2007). “WAQE: A Web Applications Quality Evaluation Model”, International Journal of Web Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 96-120, Inderscience Publishers.
- Stephanos Mavromoustakos, Katerina Papanikolaou, Andreas S. Andreou (2007), “Critical factors in the socio-cultural e-Learning engineering process”, International Journal of Continuing Engineering Education and Life-Long Learning, Inderscience Publishers.
International Refereed Conferences
- Stephanos Mavromoustakos, Aakash Patel, Kinjal Chaudhary, Parth Chokshi, Shaili Patel, “Causes and Prevention of SQL Injection Attacks in Web Applications”, ACM -The 4th International Conference on Information and Network Security, December 28-31, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2016.
- S. Mavromoustakos and K. Papanikolaou, “E-Iearning Engineering in the Web 2.0 era”, 2nd International Conference on Education Technology and Computer (ICETC), V3-534 – 538 June 22-24, Shanghai, China, 2010.
- Katerina Papanikolaou, Stephanos Mavromoustakos, “Developing Quality Games-based e-Learning Systems”, 2007 ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications, May 13-16, Amman, Jordan, 2007.
- Katerina Papanikolaou, Stephanos Mavromoustakos. “Critical Success Factors for the Development of Mobile Learning Applications”, Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications (euroIMSA2006), February 13-15, Innsbruck, Austria, 2006.
- Anastasios Kounoudes, Stephanos Mavromoustakos, Demetris Kekatos. “Voice Biometric Authentication for Enhancing Internet Service Security”, The 2nd IEEE International Conference on Information & Communication Technologies: from Theory to Applications, April 24-26, Damascus, Syria, 2006.
Selected Funded Projects
- MEDFORIST – EUMEDIS – European Commission – $2,502,600
- Development of a Novel Biometric Security System using Smart Cards for Physical Access into High Security Buildings – $114,000
- Embedding the Voiceprint in a Smart Card and using it in a Biometric Security System – $19,000
Human-Computer Interaction, Artificial Intelligence, Information Security, Blockchain
Follow me on LinkedIn: