Dr. Alicia Wireman
College of Arts and Sciences
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2211
Office: Snyder Academic Center, 264
- Mondays: 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.; 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.; 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Fridays: 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- COMM1250 Foundations of Communication (online)
- COMM2150 Visual Meanings (DAY)
- COMM2450 Writing for Journalism (DAY and online)
- COMM2800 Social Media Communication (online)
- COMM3000 Language and Culture (online)
- COMM3450 Multimedia Journalism (DAY)
- COMM4500 Contemporary Media Studies (DAY)
- COMM4910 Senior Capstone (DAY)
Academic Advisor Roles
- Ph.D.: Global Leadership (Higher Education Administration), Indiana Tech, Fort Wayne, IN, 2017
- TESL/TESOL/TEFL Certification: Oxford Seminars, Indianapolis, IN, 2014
- M.A.: Professional Communication, Purdue University, Fort Wayne, IN, 2011
- B.A.: English Language and Literature, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI, 2009
- Arabic Language Certification: University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan, 2009
- January 2018- Present: Assistant Professor/Chair of Communication, Indiana Tech, Fort Wayne, IN
- 2015-2018: Assistant Professor in Intensive English Program, Indiana Tech, Fort Wayne, IN
- 2012-2015: Adjunct Faculty, Indiana Tech, Fort Wayne, IN
- 2014: Writing Center Initiative, Indiana Tech, Fort Wayne, IN
- 2011-2014: Adjunct Faculty, Brown Mackie College, Fort Wayne, IN
- 2013: Registrar, International Business College, Fort Wayne, IN
- 2012-2013: Adjunct Faculty, International Business College, Fort Wayne, IN
- 2011: Writing Center Orientation Chair/Lead Consultant, IPFW, Fort Wayne, IN
- 2009: Freelance Writer, Shakespeare Squared, Chicago, IL
- 2009: ESL Tutor, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
- 2009: Editor in Chief, Grand Valley Lanthorn, Allendale, MI
- 2005-2006: Spanish Tutor, Lafayette Adult Resource Academy, Lafayette, IN
- February 2020: “A Student Perspective: Restructuring Education to be more Creative and Interdisciplinary,” Fort Wayne Teaching and Learning Conference, Fort Wayne, IN
- February 2019: “Beyond the Policies: Getting Students to Interact with the Syllabus,” Fort Wayne Teaching and Learning Conference, Fort Wayne, IN
- November 2018: “The Asteroid Game: Engaging Students in Writing Effective Arguments,” Lilly Conference on College Teaching, Oxford, OH
- Tolstikov-Mast, Y., Bieri, F., Walker, J. L., Wireman, A., Whitaker, B. L., Vaiman, V. (2018). Global leadership studies and doctoral education: Advancing the discipline through a targeted curriculum. In J. S. Osland, M. E. Mendenhall, M. Li (Eds.), Advances in Global Leadership, volume 11 (pp. 313-343). United Kingdom: Emerald Publishing.
- April 2018: “Comparing Values in Universities’ Mission Statements: Analyzing Forbes’ Top and Bottom ‘Best U.S. Colleges for International Students’”
- October 2017: “International Students and Faculty in Complex Classroom Environments: Exploring the Need for Global Leadership,” International Leadership Association, Brussels, Belgium
- February 2017: “The Asteroid Game: How to Make Writing Effective Arguments Fun for Students,” IPFW Teaching Conference, Fort Wayne, IN
- February 2016: “What Do Students Want?: Exploring Current Literature on Students’ Needs from Instructors in the College Classroom,” IPFW Teaching Conference, Fort Wayne, IN
- February 2015: “Airing the Frustrations: How to Develop Teaching Methods to Meet the Needs of International Students,” IPFW Teaching Conference, Fort Wayne, IN
- March 2012: “Betraying Feminism: A Cluster Analysis Examining Margaret Sanger’s Shift in Ideals,” Central States Communication Association, Cleveland, OH
- March 2011: “360 Degrees and 3-D: A Holistic Assessment of Writing Centers,” East Central Writing Center Association, Kalamazoo, MI
- 2011: “Zahida,” Confluence Literary Magazine, Fort Wayne, IN
- 2011: “Wanting,” Confluence Literary Magazine, Fort Wayne, IN
- 2011: “Untitled,” Confluence Literary Magazine, Fort Wayne, IN
Alicia Wireman’s interests include spending time with her husband, dog, and two cats. Although she loves all animals, she is a cat fanatic. She enjoys teaching communication courses, and through her personal and professional experiences, she has developed a passion for advocating for international students within higher education.