Marketing, B.S.College of Business
Are you creative? Do you imagine designing ad campaigns for leading-edge companies? Are you interested in creating influence through digital marketing? Do you want to pursue a career in sales or business development? If flexing your creative muscles, developing and implementing impactful strategies or influencing others resonates with you, a bachelor’s degree in marketing can unlock exciting and diverse career pathways.
With a Bachelor of Science in Marketing from Indiana Tech, you will be able to design communications for media, conduct marketing research, develop public relations programs, create advertising campaigns, adapt marketing initiatives for global opportunities and develop the skills to excel in multiple roles in a complex international business environment.
Why choose Indiana Tech?
- The program lead is experienced in marketing; her experience includes marketing in both domestic and international markets for business-to-business, consumer products and not-for-profit organizations.
- Our students frequently work with community organizations to strategize and execute real-world marketing initiatives.
- You will learn how sociological and psychological behaviors affect the use of social media in marketing communications.
- The program lead is an American Marketing Association member and integrates AMA principles into program course content.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective fields.
A B.S. in Marketing from Indiana Tech prepares you for a wide variety of in-demand careers. Below, you can explore career fields, salary information and employer demand from our partners at Lightcast, the leading labor market and career data provider in the U.S.
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Advertising, promotions, marketing manager $132,620/year
Job outlook, 2016-28: 8 percent increase
- Public relations specialist $60,000/year
Job outlook, 2016-28: 6 percent increase
- Market research analyst $63,210/year
Job outlook, 2016-28: 20 percent increase
- Advertising sales agent $51,740/year
Job outlook, 2016-28: 2 percent decrease
Warriors in the Workplace
Indiana Tech graduates with this degree have earned jobs at:
- Community Health Network
- Do It Best Corp.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Zimmer Biomet
Indiana Tech students pursuing this degree have interned with:
- Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
- Asher Agency
- Brunswick Boat
- Our Sunday Visitor
- Steel Dynamics
- Zimmer Biomet
B.S. Marketing, 2021
Success StoryDuring his senior year at Indiana Tech, Alex and two of his friends created Intel, a strategic spy thriller card game where players track an “Agent” card while leading opponents off their trail. After a successful Kickstarter campaign, Alex and his frien…
Dr. Staci Lugar Brettin
Dr. Lugar Brettin’s experience includes launching her own business, and collaborating on the start-up and formation of new ventures. She is also experienced in training entrepreneurs and business owners in business feasibility, start-up evaluation, business plan creation and entrepreneurial planning and growth. She is a member of the American Marketing Association and the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship. She publishes in peer-reviewed journals focused on marketing and entrepreneurship education.
- D.B.A., Anderson University
- M.B.A., Bethel College
- B.A., International Business, Ball State University