Accounting, B.S.College of Business
Accountants have a demanding job—they must be able to dig into complicated financial statements, create strategies for fiscal strength, and build confidence and trust with their clients. Indiana Tech helps
each student build a strong foundation in each of these areas.
Our accounting degree program is rigorous and engaging, led by Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) with both public and private sector experience. They will arm you with up-to-date knowledge of current industry developments, policies and regulations, and help you refine your problem-solving skills and develop your understanding of the ethical and professional standards of modern accounting.
Why choose Indiana Tech?
- Our tech-savvy instruction will teach you how to utilize and leverage technology in ways that add value to clients, customers and employers.
- Opportunities for industry internships will help you develop career skills, experience and contacts for career placement after graduation.
- Earn this degree in just three years (six semesters) through our 3 to Degree program. You can also go on to earn an MBA concentrating in accounting in just one extra year through our 4+1 program.
- Our small class size creates a more personalized learning experience for you.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective fields.
B.S. in Accounting, 2018
Careers in this Degree
Graduates with this degree have pursued careers in the following fields:
- Financial, cost and tax accounting
- Business analyst
- Personal finance
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Accountants and auditors $69,350/year
Job outlook, 2016-26: 10 percent increase
- Financial manager/controller $125,080/year
Job outlook, 2016-26: 19 percent increase
- Financial services sales agent $63,780/year
Job outlook, 2016-26: 6 percent increase
- Tax examiner $53,130/year
Job outlook, 2016-26: 1 percent decrease
- Budget analysts $75,240/year
Job outlook, 2016-26: 7 percent increase
Warriors in the Workplace
Indiana Tech graduates with this degree have earned jobs at:
- Indiana State Board of Accounts
- St. Joseph Hospital
- Franklin Electric
- Cardinal Health
- Allied Physicians
Indiana Tech students pursuing this degree have interned with:
- Steel Dynamics
- Franklin Electric
- Medical Protective
- Mad Anthony Brewing Company
Professor Brown’s professional background includes accounting, audit and management experience in both the private and public sectors. She is an active member of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA), Financial Executives International (FEI), the American Accounting Association (AAA), and Indiana CPA Society (INCPAS). She holds a B.S. in Accounting, a Master of Business Administration, and is both a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Global Management Accountant.
- MBA, University of Phoenix
- B.S., University of Phoenix