Computer Engineering, B.S.
Indiana Tech graduates with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering can pursue a career with any company or organization requiring hardware or software engineers. With the current reliance on computer technology in the workplace, the possibilities span a wide spectrum. Graduates have the luxury of working with computers in any field that holds their interest: cars, music, healthcare, and much more.
Computer engineering is not just about computers; it’s also about people. Collaboration is essential to create amazing things. Indiana Tech graduates will have the foundation not only to be incredible engineers, but also will have the ability to work with others, manage projects, and break down their initiatives into actionable tasks—small parts that fit together to make an amazing product.
What do computer engineers do?
Computer engineers research, design, develop, and test computer hardware and supervise its manufacture and installation. Computer engineers work exclusively with computers and computer-related equipment. In addition to design and development duties, computer engineers may supervise the manufacture and installation of computers and computer-related equipment. The rapid advances in computer technology are largely a result of the research, development, and design efforts of computer engineers.
Computer engineers can:
- Improve Internet security to help protect your information and make it safer to buy things online
- Design faster processors to help make HDTV and 3-D TV watching and video gaming experiences better
- Develop biomedical systems to help monitor patients in hospitals
- Implement sensor networks to help make robots more human-like
- Create the smart power grid to help manage energy distribution to households across the country
- Work with digital forensics to help police and the FBI track and catch cyber criminals
Where have graduates gone?
Graduates have gone on to work in the following industries:
- Software publishing
- Computer systems design
- Telecommunications companies
- Web development
- Governmental offices
- Educational institutions