Sports Media, CertificateCollege of Arts and Sciences
An ideal program for sports-minded individuals with good communication skills
More than ever before, there is a fervency in our world related to competitive sports. As such, there are outstanding opportunities for sports-minded individuals with good communication skills to flourish in this environment.
Indiana Tech can help you tap into this world with an undergraduate certificate in sports media. This certificate will provide you with the fundamental knowledge and skill set needed to develop and deliver communications related to amateur, collegiate and professional sports organizations. It can put you on the road to covering sports as a journalist or broadcaster or becoming a marketing or public/media relations professional in an array of sports-related organizations including professional franchises, collegiate athletic departments, media organizations and sports marketing firms.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Sports Media Undergraduate Certificate, you will be prepared to:
- Create appealing content for stories, blogs, vlogs, social media and more for diverse sports audiences.
- Develop visual content for various sports stories.
- Learn and use Associated Press writing style.
- Learn and apply visual editing techniques for various pieces of content.
Earning an Indiana Tech certificate is an affordable, time-efficient way to boost your skills and your career prospects:
- Increase your hiring and earning potential.
- Enhance your skills.
- Increase your job and career security.
- Expand your professional network.
- Make significant progress toward a degree.