Engineering, B.S.Talwar College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
Our Bachelor of Science in Engineering was created as an interdisciplinary and integrated degree with broadly focused concentrations to expose you to various engineering disciplines. Your general education, math and science core coursework for this program will be similar to the coursework taken by other engineering majors. However, you will be able to create your own track of engineering study by choosing 18 credits hours of courses from the following degree programs: computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and industrial and manufacturing engineering.
With this general engineering degree, you will have a strong foundation of versatile education that will provide you great flexibility when pursuing careers in areas such as product design, manufacturing, utilities, services, technology and more.
The curriculum for this degree will be released later this year.
Why Choose Indiana Tech?
- As industry demands more versatility and adaptability, you will be equipped with broader knowledge across a variety of disciplines and empowered to be agents of change and leaders in innovation.
- Our lab facilities and projects are developed to get you familiar with working on real-world problems. This will help you build experience related to challenges you will encounter on the job.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective fields.
What You Can Do With This Degree
Below are potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Some opportunities listed may require additional education or certification. Consult your academic advisor for clarification.
- Development engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Process engineer
- Product engineer
- System design engineer
B.S. Electrical Engineering, 2022
Warriors in the Workplace
Engineering graduates have earned jobs at:
- General Motors
- Zimmer Biomet
Indiana Tech strives to prepare career-ready graduates. Our university stresses the value of internships and pairs students with real-world learning opportunities that will put them in an advantageous position when it’s time to enter the job market. Engineering students have interned for companies like:
- General Motors
- Steel Dynamics
- Fort Wayne Metals
- American Electric Power
Dr. Mauricio Torres
Dr. Torres’ experience includes more than 35 years in industry and business, with an emphasis on product development, manufacturing processes, cost analysis and mechanical design.
- Ph.D. Industrial & Systems Engineering, Florida International University
- M.S. Engineering Management, Florida International University