Financial Services, CertificateCollege of Business
Advance Your Career in Banking and Financial Services
Banking and financial services organizations of every description need well-rounded, knowledgeable team members to manage and lead their businesses. Indiana Tech’s Financial Services certificate has been developed to help students understand this essential industry and provide them with the tools and skills needed to succeed. Focusing on customer service, sales, insurance, risk management, marketing and ABA financial services marketing regulations, this certificate will provide you with the sound foundation required to advance your career in this growing field.
Coursework in the Financial Services certificate program includes Mathematical Problem Solving, Introduction to Financial Services, Fundamentals of Risk Management and Insurance, Marketing, Financial Services Marketing, and Creating Service and Sales Relationships.
For students who wish to further build their financial services knowledge and skills, the Financial Services certificate serves as a lead-in to Indiana Tech’s Advanced Financial Services certificate program.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Financial Services undergraduate certificate, students will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate a well-rounded understanding of the field of financial services.
- Develop and deliver information with meaningful context, appropriate delivery and interpersonal skills, and a customer service focus.
- Combine data, knowledge, and insight to provide quality advice for decision-making in risk-management and insurance, financial services marketing, and overall financial services field.
- Anticipate and meet the changing needs of clients, employers, customers, and markets better than competitors.
- Interpret and provide a broader, effective context for financial and non-financial information.
- Utilize and leverage technology to add value for clients, customers, and employers. Students will be able to use information technology as a tool to do essential business tasks and communicate more effectively within their organization and with their clients.
- Understand and apply legal and ethical principles in business, and utilize them in individual and organizational decision making.
- Earning an Indiana Tech certificate is an affordable, time-efficient way to boost your skills and your career prospects:
- Increase your hiring and earnings potential.
- Enhance your skills.
- Increase your job and career security.
- Expand your professional network.
- Earn significant credits that can be applied to pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree.