Sport Administration, M.B.A.College of Business
Earn a High Quality M.B.A. in 14 Months or Less
Professional, collegiate, scholastic and community-based athletic organizations of every description are seeking skilled leaders to help them thrive in an increasingly complex sports landscape. Indiana Tech’s Master of Business Administration with a specialization in Sport Administration equips students to step into leadership roles across the industry.
Students in the Indiana Tech M.B.A. – Sport Administration program gain advanced knowledge in key functional and strategic business areas such as management, marketing, accounting, finance and the economics of the global marketplace. At the same time, Sport Administration coursework helps them develop as leaders in the field through courses in athletic and sport administration, athletic eligibility and compliance, communication strategies and tactics in a sports environment, sport policy development and governance, and human resource development and management within a sports organization. The result: students complete the program armed to lead the planning, implementation and management of high-level sport and athletic operations across the industry.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the M.B.A. – Sport Administration program, students will possess high-level competency in:
- Advanced Knowledge in Business – Students will demonstrate advanced knowledge in the key functional areas of business.
- Strategic Analysis – Students will be able to analyze business situations, identify external opportunities and threats with a view toward proposing comprehensive strategic recommendations.
- Complex Problem Solving – Students will demonstrate complex problem-solving skills.
- Strategic-Level Ethical Reasoning – Students will be able to identify and evaluate strategic-level ethical dilemmas and apply ethical decision-making techniques to resolve them.
- Strategic Use of Information Technology – Students will be able to use information technology as a tool for business strategy.
- Strategic Communication – Students will be able to communicate effectively in a business setting.
A M.B.A. in Sport Management from Indiana Tech prepares you for a wide variety of in-demand careers. Below, you can explore career fields, salary information and employer demand from our partners at Lightcast, the leading labor market and career data provider in the U.S.
- Coaches and Scouts $40,709/year
- Agents and Business Managers $73,669/year
- Athletic Director/Associate Athletic Director $96,910/year
- Administrative Services and Facilities Managers $99,290/year
- Advertising, Promotions and Marketing Managers $133,380/year
Warriors in the Workplace
Indiana Tech graduates work at great companies like:
- Zimmer Biomet
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Parkview Health
- MedPro Group
- Eli Lilly and Company
- 3Rivers Federal Credit Union
- General Motors
- Dow Chemical