Project Management, M.B.A.College of Business
The Project Management concentration within Indiana Tech’s MBA degree program offers students the unique opportunity to earn their MBA while developing the right skills to succeed in the rapidly growing field of project management.
Project managers oversee all elements of a project, and their skills and experience are essential to a wide range of industries. These professionals lead crossfunctional teams within organizations, ensuring that work flows steadily, and that projects have clear starting points, deadlines and concrete goals. Combined with the management skills provided by Indiana Tech’s MBA coursework, the project management concentration helps students become versatile and effective business leaders.
There is great demand for skilled project managers in a wide range of industries. According to surveys and research conducted by Glassdoor, project management positions at a variety of levels include salaries that range from nearly $60,000 to more than $110,000 per year. Salaries may vary based on the region in which you live, prior experience you bring to the position, and other factors.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Master of Business Administration – Project Management Concentration, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge in the functions and operations of business
- Increase the efficiency and competitiveness of an organization
- Guide projects from planning to completion
- Perform and lead other key tasks such as the creation of budgets and timelines, the development of estimates, and the management of outside resources
- Identify and evaluate project goals and deliverables
- Hire, train and oversee project management staff
- Communicate clearly and professionally with a high degree of interpersonal skill
- Utilize complex problem solving skills to determine solutions
Did You Know?
- Our project management program is recognized by the Project Management Institute as an Authorized Training Partner.
- Indiana Tech is a non-profit university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, the largest regional accreditor of colleges and universities in the United States.
- Indiana Tech’s College of Business is accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
A M.B.A. in Project Management from Indiana Tech prepares you for a wide variety of in-demand careers. Below, you can explore career fields, salary information and employer demand from our partners at Lightcast, the leading labor market and career data provider in the U.S.