Policing and Corrections, CertificateCollege of Arts and Sciences
Advance Your Law Enforcement Skills and Your Hiring Potential
Indiana Tech’s Policing and Corrections Undergraduate Certificate provides a foundational knowledge of the United States criminal justice system, including policing, juvenile justice, court procedures, criminal behavior and more. This certificate prepares students for entry-level law enforcement positions, including corrections officer, bailiff, victim services, private security and other criminal justice-related roles. For those who already work in criminal justice, this certificate can also provide specialization and establish credentials for career advancement.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Legal Studies Undergraduate Certificate, you will be prepared to:
- Explain the legal system in the United States.
- Summarize the major components of the United States’ criminal justice system.
- Present written and oral communication skills relating to the elements of the criminal justice system.
- Examine the importance of ethical behavior within the criminal justice environment.
- Identify issues related to diversity within the criminal justice system.
Earning a certificate is an affordable, time-efficient way to boost your skills and your career prospects:
- Increase your hiring and earning potential
- Enhance your skills and expertise
- Close the gap on increased job security
- Expand your professional network
- Make significant progress towards a degree
A Certificate in Policing and Corrections from Indiana Tech prepares you for a wide variety of in-demand careers. Below, you can explore career fields, salary information and employer demand from our partners at Lightcast, the leading labor market and career data provider in the U.S.