Information Technology, CertificateTalwar College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
Gain technical proficiency that will help advance your career
When it comes to filling technology-based positions, more and more hiring managers are looking for talent with skilled-based competencies, such as programming language skills, or industry certifications from and CompTIA, Microsoft, Google and others. Take advantage of this trend by earning a certificate in information technology from Indiana Tech. You will gain the technical proficiency to advance your career in IT-related positions such as a desktop support technician, network administrator or software support analyst.
Courses in this program will arm students with a strong baseline of common skills—such as PC hardware maintenance and network and server support fundamentals—that will help organizations succeed in the modern data-driven environment. They include Network Design I and II, Circuits and Signals, Server+, Principles of Information Systems and one elective (Introduction to Cybersecurity, Software Tools or Introduction to Server Systems).
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Information Technology undergraduate certificate, students will be prepared to:
- Describe the various characteristics of a well-managed Local Area Network (LAN).
- Understand the fundamentals of desktop and server computer hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot problems with a focus on technology related issues.
- Explain how information systems can help organizations achieve a strategic advantage.
- Understand the essential components of a properly secured computing environment.
Earning an Indiana Tech certificate is an affordable, time-efficient way to boost your skills and your career prospects:
- Increase your hiring and earnings potential.
- Enhance your skills.
- Increase your job and career security.
- Expand your professional network.
- Earn significant credits that can be applied to pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree.