Health Information and Cybersecurity, Graduate CertificateTalwar College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
Build Advanced, In-Demand Skills in a Critical Field
Indiana Tech’s Health Information and Cybersecurity Graduate Certificate program brings together compelling coursework from the university’s College of Arts and Sciences and Talwar College of Engineering and Computer Sciences. Students in the program will gain an understanding the legal, ethical, and operational concerns of the health care industry along with a solid grounding in the complexities of responding to cybersecurity threats.
This advanced program also includes coursework specific to the HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPP) certification. The HCISPP includes the knowledge and ability to implement, manage and assess security and privacy controls to protect healthcare organizations using policies and procedures established by the cybersecurity experts at Indiana Tech partner organization ISC².
The Health Information and Cybersecurity Graduate Certificate is composed of master’s degree level courses including: Introduction to Health Care Management, Health Care Law, Health Care Operations and Quality, HCISPP Healthcare Security and Privacy, and Applied Cybersecurity Operations.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Health Care and Cybersecurity Graduate Certificate, students will be prepared to:
- Apply communication and network security.
- Assess and identify potential risks to health information systems.
- Analyze the effect and impact of information security threads on an organization.
- Identify and describe the quality control activities of the current health care system and relate service provider behaviors to legal, ethical, and financial considerations.
- Describe the types and interrelationships of health care facilities, services, and personnel.
- Apply new knowledge and analyze the possibilities for securing digital technologies and enterprise systems in a health care setting.
Earning an Indiana Tech certificate is an affordable, time-efficient way to boost your skills and your career prospects:
- Increase your hiring and earnings potential.
- Enhance your skills.
- Increase your job and career security.
- Expand your professional network.
- Earn significant credits that can be applied directly to pursuing a master’s degree.
A Graduate Certificate in Health Information and Cybersecurity from Indiana Tech prepares you for a wide variety of in-demand careers. Below, you can explore career fields, salary information and employer demand from our partners at Lightcast, the leading labor market and career data provider in the U.S.