Graphic Design, CertificateCollege of Arts and Sciences
Learn how to reinforce the message with a certificate in graphic design
You see the product of graphic design every single day—from the cover of the magazine you are reading to the ads that pop up on your phone to the vinyl wrap that promotes your favorite food truck. Graphic design helps storytellers tell their stories. Graphic design helps marketers sell their products. Graphic design evokes emotion, facilitates clarity and reinforces messaging in ways that words alone cannot accomplish.
With Indiana Tech’s certificate in Graphic Design, you will become familiar with the digital tools of the trade and gain an introduction to graphic design theory and practice that will help you build industry-relevant skills. It can help prepare you for career opportunities in a marketing, public relations or advertising firm; commercial printing businesses; newspapers and other publishing organizations; and in-house marketing department.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Graphic Design Undergraduate Certificate, you will be prepared to:
- Analyze the needs of diverse target audiences and assess the best way to inform them through design solutions.
- Apply design principles to create various mediums for diverse audiences.
- Apply design technologies and software to create various mediums for diverse audiences.
- Apply insights from research as well as credible resources to formulate and execute effective design concepts.
Earning an Indiana Tech certificate is an affordable, time-efficient way to boost your skills and your career prospects:
- Increase your hiring and earning potential.
- Enhance your skills.
- Increase your job and career security.
- Expand your professional network.
- Make significant progress toward a degree.