Engineering Management – Information Systems, Executive M.S.Talwar College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
With an Executive M.S. in Engineering Management concentrating in information systems, you will broaden your engineering knowledge base and assume more managerial responsibilities. Coursework emphasizes quality assurance, lean manufacturing and enterprise resource planning. Additionally, you will study financial management, project management and managerial economics.
Engineering managers make sure companies achieve their projects safely, on time and under budget. They manage operations using mathematical methods, computer software and economic theory. Work time is spent in the office as well as in the factory or at the job site. Managing a workplace, furthermore, involves a great many interpersonal skills when interacting with employees to ensure they remain on task, stay safe and produce quality work.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree program, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the implications of business decisions that may impact safety, health and/or the environment
- Propose strategies for the efficient integration and alignment of the different areas of the company, from the shop floor to finance and marketing
- Evaluate the current state of operations in a company in order to initiate and maintain a process of continuous improvement for the organization
- Demonstrate advanced written and verbal communication skills and ability to use effectively diverse technology tools to evaluate and communicate data in professional and academic settings
- Interpret data and provide insight to increase productivity
- Apply ethical decision making when solving problems
Below are potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Engineering Manager $149,530/year
Job outlook through 2029: 3 percent increase
- Sales Engineer $108,830/year
Job outlook, through 2029: 6 percent increase
- Industrial Production Manager $108,790/year
Job outlook through 2029: 1 percent increase