Additive Manufacturing, CertificateTalwar College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
Build in-demand skills in a cutting-edge field
Additive manufacturing is the process of building components one layer at a time, and 3D printing is the most recognized form of it. This technology has grown to serve a wide range of industries through prototyping, product and component manufacturing, and the innovative and efficient use of advanced materials. As a result, skilled technicians qualified to work across the additive manufacturing process are in great demand by industry. Indiana Tech’s undergraduate certificate in additive manufacturing program addresses this need by helping students develop the skills required to lead in this growing field.
This six-course, 18-credit hour program instructs students in the foundational concepts involved in additive manufacturing and 3D printing-related processes, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), computer-aided design (CAD), and computer numerical control (CNC) machining. It then moves into advanced topics in machining and layered material deposition processes and provides students with training in industrial-grade 3D printing equipment. During the program, students also learn quality-control, design and the economic aspects of additive manufacturing. With additional preparation, students are also able to take the SME Additive Manufacturing Certification, which is a widely-recognized and highly sought credential by industry.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Additive Manufacturing Undergraduate Certificate, you will be prepared to:
- Utilize a variety of 3D printing processes for metals and polymers.
- Utilize the range of software tools and techniques that drive the additive manufacturing process.
- Create parts that meet product development requirements using advanced additive manufacturing processes and devices.
- Apply a range of additive manufacturing design approaches to solve engineering and design challenges; collect and analyze data to optimize job time, layout and material use.
Earning an Indiana Tech certificate is an affordable, time-efficient way to boost your skills and your career prospects:
- Increase your hiring and earning potential.
- Enhance your skills.
- Increase your job and career security.
- Expand your professional network.
- Earn significant credits that can be applied to pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree.