Associate Professor, Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2307
Cell Phone: N/A
Office: Zollner Engineering Center, Room 007
- MWF: 8-9 a.m., Noon-1 p.m.
- T: 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- R: 8-11 a.m., 1-2 p.m., 3:30-5:30 p.m.
College of Engineering
Academic Advisor Roles
No information available.
- Ph.D., Engineering Education, Purdue University, (Expected completion 2016)
- MBA, Indiana Wesleyan University (1992)
- BSME, Tri-State University (1985)
- Prior to joining Indiana Tech as a full-time faculty, I worked for eight years as a manufacturing consultant. I was employed by a combined State (under the Department of Commerce) and Federal (National Institute of Standards and Technology) program to provide no-cost consulting services to Indiana businesses in an effort to improve their ability to compete in today’s marketplace. In this position, I assisted companies in solving problems related to technology, manufacturing, training, management, marketing, finance, and quality. I also conducted numerous training sessions, in several states, on areas related to Lean Manufacturing.
- For the past 20 years, I have been actively involved in teaching at the college level. In 1993, I began teaching as an adjunct for Indiana Wesleyan University. I taught in Kokomo, Bloomington, Columbus, and Fort Wayne over a six-year period. I began teaching as an adjunct for Indiana Tech in 1998.
- I also have extensive experience working as an engineer in the automotive industry. I spent several years with Tenneco Automotive as a Process Engineer and Ergonomics Trainer. I also spent several years as a Development Engineer for Chrysler Corporation.
No information available.
- ISO 14001 36-hour Lead Auditor Training – Certificate No. 409
MEP University Courses
- LE 101 and LE 101T – Principles of Lean Manufacturing and Principles of Lean Manufacturing Train the Trainer
- LE 202 and LE 202T – Value Stream Mapping and Value Stream Mapping Train the Trainer
- LE 203 – The 5S System: Workplace Organization
- LE 204 and 204 T – Set-Up Reduction and Set-Up Reduction Train the Trainer
- LE 205 and 205T – Cellular Flow Manufacturing (CFM) and CFM Train the Trainer
- ISO/QS-9000 3rd Edition and ISO/QS 9000 Internal Auditor Training
- OSHA 30-hour Voluntary Outreach Program
NTU (National Technological University) Courses
- Environmental Best Manufacturing Practices
- Activity Based Costing and Management
- Managing Growth in Small and Midsized Manufacturing Firms
- Project Management for Small/Midsized Manufacturers
- Ergonomics for the Manufacturing Workplace
- Operations Management: Principles for Lean Manufacturing
- Toxics Use Reduction – Clean Manufacturing Technology and Safe Materials Institute, Purdue University
- MOST, Methods Engineering – Maynard Management Institute
- TQM, AQP, GD&T – Tenneco Training Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Applied Ergonomics I & II and Ergonomics Train the Trainer, Cybenet, Grand Haven, Michigan
- QIP – Chrysler Institute, Detroit, Michigan
- Outdoor Leadership Challenge – Indiana University
- Electrical Manufacturing and Coil Winding Association Conference, 10/2006, Session Chair
- Electrical Manufacturing and Coil Winding Association Conference, 10/2005, Session Chair
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers, Fort Wayne Tool Show, 5/2005, Displays Judge
- Electrical Manufacturing and Coil Winding Association Conference, 10/2003, Session Chair