Software Engineering, B.S.School of Computer Sciences
Indiana Tech’s Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering will take you beyond theory and immerse you in a real-world development environment that will arm you with the skills and hands-on experiences that will enable you to succeed in this in-demand career field. What’s more, you can specialize your learning experience by choosing a concentration in systems or gaming.
The systems concentration will give you invaluable experience learning object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithm analysis, and you will be able to understand how the software you develop works with and affects hardware. The gaming concentration is for those whose interest in games goes beyond simply playing. You’ll explore animation, frame rates, real-time simulation and many other technical aspects of game play that go into game development.
Why choose Indiana Tech?
- Far from a traditional classroom, our software engineering lab gives you 24/7 access to work on major projects and other classwork. It’s designed as a real work environment where teams of students can be found working together and separately to tackle a variety of projects.
- You will have access to industry internships that will help you learn career skills, gain experience, and develop contacts for career placement after graduation. Graduates of our program have gone on to work at Apple, Amazon and a host of Fortune 500 firms across the country.
- You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects for regional businesses and non-profits, which will give you real-world experience and help you build your work portfolio.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective field
2010 Indiana Tech Graduate
Careers in this Degree
Graduates with this degree have pursued careers in the following fields:
- Health care
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to
graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics
for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by
BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you
live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Software engineer/Developer $103,560/year
Job outlook through 2026: 24 percent increase
- Computer programmer $82,240/year
Job outlook through 2026: 4 percent increase
- Computer network architect $104,650/year
Job outlook through 2026: 6 percent increase
Warriors in the Workplace
Indiana Tech graduates with this degree have earned jobs at:
- CMPS Institute
- Do it Best Corp.
- Do it Best, Corp.
- General Dynamics
Indiana Tech students pursuing this degree have interned with:
- Steel Dynamics
- Aptera Software
- Harris Corporation
- Tempus Technologies
- Petroleum Traders Corp.
- West Side Tracto
In addition to his years of experience in teaching at the university level, professor Lewandowski’s background includes extensive private-sector experience in software and web development roles at companies that include General Motors and Burlington Motor Carriers.
- M.B.A., Indiana Tech
- B.S., Business Administration-Management Information Systems Indiana Tech