Cybersecurity, CertificateTalwar College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
An important, high-demand field that pays well
As cyberattacks against banks and financial institutions, the health care industry, retail stores and other sectors of business grow in frequency, so, too, grows the need for proficient cybersecurity professionals to develop innovative solutions that prevent hackers from stealing critical information or creating problems for computer networks. For instance, the need for information security analysts is expected to grow 33% thorough 2030, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Those positions, BLS also reports, fetched a national average salary of $102,600 in 2021.
Indiana Tech’s undergraduate certificate in cybersecurity will arm you with fundamental cybersecurity skills, including ethical hacking, cloud security and digital forensics. These skills can open doors to cybersecurity jobs such as cybersecurity analyst, incident and intrusion analyst, cybersecurity specialist and penetration and vulnerability tester. Additionally, the curriculum prepares current cybersecurity professionals to obtain coveted industry certifications, such as CompTIA’s Security+, CySA+ and PenTest+.
You can enter this program with confidence, knowing you are learning from a leader in cybersecurity education. In January 2023, Indiana Tech was designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD). The CAE-CD designation is awarded to institutions meeting the newest standards of cybersecurity from National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)—co-sponsors of a program created to develop skilled cybersecurity professionals across a variety of government agencies at federal, state and local levels.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the undergraduate certificate in cybersecurity, students will be prepared to:
- Define/describe the principles of cybersecurity and the fundamental concepts of the cybersecurity discipline used to provide system security.
- Detect, identify, resolve and document a host of network intrusions detection and protect tools.
- Demonstrate appropriate and ethical behavior and good work habits.
- Deploy reactive measures to respond to detected intrusion profiles.
Earning an Indiana Tech certificate is an affordable, time-efficient way to boost your skills and your career prospects:
- Increase your hiring and earnings potential.
- Enhance your skills.
- Increase your job and career security.
- Expand your professional network.
- Earn significant credits that can be applied to pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree.
A Certificate in Cybersecurity from Indiana Tech prepares you for a wide variety of in-demand careers. Below, you can explore career fields, salary information and employer demand from our partners at Lightcast, the leading labor market and career data provider in the U.S.