Computer Engineering, B.S.College of Engineering
With degree in computer engineering from Indiana Tech, you will be able to pursue a career with any company or organization that requires a hardware or software engineer. And, with the current worldwide reliance on computer technology in the workplace, your career possibilities span a wide spectrum. In fact, you will have the opportunity to work with computers in any field that holds your interest, including automotive, music and film, health care and finance.
However, computer engineering is not just about designing computers; it also equips you with the skillsets necessary for critical thinking and collaborating with others to create amazing things. You will have the foundation not only to be an incredible engineer, but you also will be able to solve complex problems, manage projects and break down initiatives into actionable tasks—small parts that fit together to make remarkable products.
Why choose Indiana Tech?
- Coursework in mathematics and science will prepare you for the theory of electric circuits, numerical techniques and programming languages.
- Studies in computer science, electronics, digital logic and microprocessors build to an advanced study of computer hardware.
- Your understanding of theory and computer hardware will be completed by formal laboratory experimentation and hands-on projects.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective field.
B.S. in Computer Engineering, 2018
Careers in this Degree
Graduates with this degree have pursued careers in the following fields:
- System on Chip (SoC) design
- Analog/Mixed signal design
- Embedded systems/Software
- Automation controls
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Computer network architect $104,650/year
Job outlook through 2026: 6 percent increase
- Computer programmer $82,240/year
Job outlook through 2026: 7 percent decrease
- Computer systems analyst $88,270/year
Job outlook through 2026: 9 percent increase
- Computer user support specialist $52,810/year
Job outlook through 2026: 11 percent increase
- Web developer $67,990/year
Job outlook through 2026: 24 percent increase
Warriors in the Workplace
Indiana Tech graduates with this degree have earned jobs at:
- Indiana Michigan Power
- Lutheran Hospital
- CPM Construction Planning and Management
- United Technologies
- Northrop Grumman
Indiana Tech students pursuing this degree have interned with:
- American Electric Power
- City of Butler, Indiana
- Steel Dynamics
- PC Help!
- Ministry of the Attorney General, Port of Spain, Trinidad
Professor Khani’s research interests span a broad variety of fields, including computer architecture, central processing unit (CPU) and graphics processing unit (GPU) microarchitecture; machine learning, risk analysis, estimation theory and their applications in various areas ranging from medical sciences to business and finance. More recently, he has been particularly interested in general-purpose GPU computing or GPGPU which is the use of a GPU to do general purpose scientific and engineering computing. Within this area he is investigating parallel applications, specifically heat transfer and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) problems, data structures and algorithms, scalability, parallel architectures and programming machine learning algorithms for the GPU and particularly the implementation of machine learning in GPU microarchitecture. Professor Khani is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Architecture from Western Michigan University.
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering California State University, Fullerton
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Electronics Islamic Azad University, Central Tehran Branch