Computer Engineering, B.S.Talwar College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
With degree in computer engineering from Indiana Tech, you will be able to pursue a career with any company or organization that requires a hardware or software engineer. And, with the current worldwide reliance on computer technology in the workplace, your career possibilities span a wide spectrum. In fact, you will have the opportunity to work with computers in any field that holds your interest, including automotive, music and film, health care and finance.
However, computer engineering is not just about designing computers; it also equips you with the skillsets necessary for critical thinking and collaborating with others to create amazing things. You will have the foundation not only to be an incredible engineer, but you also will be able to solve complex problems, manage projects and break down initiatives into actionable tasks—small parts that fit together to make remarkable products.
Why choose Indiana Tech?
- Our computer engineering degree program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, under the General Criteria and the Electrical, Computer, Communications, Telecommunication(s) and Similarly Named Program Criteria.
- Coursework in mathematics and science will prepare you for the theory of electric circuits, numerical techniques and programming languages.
- Studies in computer science, electronics, digital logic and microprocessors build to an advanced study of computer hardware.
- Your understanding of theory and computer hardware will be completed by formal laboratory experimentation and hands-on projects.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective field.
A B.S. in Computer Engineering from Indiana Tech prepares you for a wide variety of in-demand careers. Below, you can explore career fields, salary information and employer demand from our partners at Lightcast, the leading labor market and career data provider in the U.S.
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Computer network architect $104,650/year
Job outlook through 2026: 6 percent increase
- Computer programmer $82,240/year
Job outlook through 2026: 7 percent decrease
- Computer systems analyst $88,270/year
Job outlook through 2026: 9 percent increase
- Computer user support specialist $52,810/year
Job outlook through 2026: 11 percent increase
- Web developer $67,990/year
Job outlook through 2026: 24 percent increase
Warriors in the Workplace
Indiana Tech graduates with this degree have earned jobs at:
- Indiana Michigan Power
- Lutheran Hospital
- CPM Construction Planning and Management
- United Technologies
- Northrop Grumman
Indiana Tech students pursuing this degree have interned with:
- American Electric Power
- City of Butler, Indiana
- Steel Dynamics
- PC Help!
- Ministry of the Attorney General, Port of Spain, Trinidad
B.S. Computer Engineering, 2022
Success StoryIndiana Tech takes pride in pairing students with real-world learning opportunities that will put them in advantageous positions when it’s time to enter the job market. The beginning of Gicell Aleman’s professional career is a perfect example of wh…
Dr. Zakariya Al-Hamouz
Dr. Al-Hamouz has a long experience in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses as well as supervising master’s and doctoral students and senior-level capstone design projects. His research interests include diagnosis of failures in rotating machines, power systems protection and automation and control. He has an extensive collaboration with industry which led to solving many practical engineering problems. His collaboration and research efforts to date have led to seven U.S.-issued patents, the publication of 59 refereed journals and 55 conference papers. Dr. Al-Hamouz is a recipient of the KFUPM Excellence in Research award and the IEEE/IAS James Melcher Prize Paper award.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, KFUPM, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Yarmouk University, Irbid, Jordan