Business Administration – Sports Management, B.S.College of Business
Do you love competing on the athletic field? Do you bleed your favorite team’s colors? If sports play this significant of a role in your life, a career in sports management might be exactly what you are looking for. Sports teams and athletic facilities need savvy business professionals to keep them organized and operating efficiently.
With a curriculum focusing on strategies in real-world business applications, Indiana Tech’s business administration degree concentrating in sports management will help you develop the problem-solving, decision-making and strategic-planning skills necessary to succeed in the performance, production and promotion segments of the sports industry.
Why choose Indiana Tech?
- The program lead is experienced in sports marketing and management; he has worked in athletic and sports management, with responsibilities for marketing and promotion for regional sports services organizations.
- You will participate in field experience during your education which will provide you with career experiences in your chosen area of sports management.
- Your education will include extensive experiential learning with real projects and real sports-related organizations.
- The program lead is actively engaged in his discipline and integrates principles from the North American Society of Sport Management and professional sports organizations into program and course content.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective fields.
B.S. in Business Administration-Sports Management, 2019
Careers in this Degree
Graduates with this degree have pursued careers in the following fields:
- Team operation and management
- Sales and marketing
- Event planning and promotion
- Facility management
- Athlete representation (sports agent)
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Postsecondary education administrator (athletic director) $94,340/year
Job outlook through 2028: 7 percent increase
- Sports marketing manager $132,620/year
Job outlook through 2028: 8 percent increase
- Coach or scout $33,780/year
Job outlook through 2028: 11 percent increase
Warriors in the Workplace
Indiana Tech graduates with this degree have earned jobs at:
- Cleveland Browns
- Los Angeles Clippers
- Baltimore Orioles
- The Plex, Fort Wayne
- Kwik Goal
Indiana Tech students pursuing this degree have interned with:
- Fort Wayne Komets (ECHL)
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants (NBA G League)
- Fort Wayne TinCaps (Midwest League)
- World Baseball Academy
- Fort Wayne Football Club
Professor Dyer’s background includes extensive experience in athletics and sports management, as well as marketing and promotion responsibilities for regional sports services organizations. He is an active member of the North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM) and the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). He serves on the board of directors for the World Baseball Academy in Fort Wayne. Professor Dyer has cultivated strong relationships with many Midwest athletic teams and brings that experience to the classroom, to co-curricular opportunities and to the Indiana Tech sports management program.
- Graduate Certificate in Sport Management, Southern New Hampshire University
- M.B.A., Indiana Tech
- B.S., Indiana State University