Business Administration – Financial Services, B.S.College of Business
With a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration concentrating in financial services, you will acquire the skills and background necessary to be successful in a wide range of finance careers. You will take core business classes while earning this degree, as well as courses in accounting, mathematics and economics. This concentration covers the use of various financial assets, risk management, financial regulations and monetary policy.
The careers available in the financial services sector are many. Our graduates go on to work in fields such as banking, insurance, commercial and consumer lending, securities and retirement and investment planning. The strong understanding of risk management, insurance, regulations and interest provided through this Indiana Tech program is key to making sound, professional fiscal decisions. Driven, analytical leaders with good communication skills excel in this field.
Why choose Indiana Tech?
- Our tech-savvy instruction will teach you how to utilize and leverage technology in ways that add value to clients, customers and employers.
- You will learn how to incorporate research, data and analysis into metrics-driven decision-making.
- Financial regulations and their impact on every area of the financial services industry will be a key part of your curriculum.
- Opportunities for industry internships will help you develop career skills, experience and contacts for career placement after graduation.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective fields.
A B.S. in Business Administration – Financial Services from Indiana Tech prepares you for a wide variety of in-demand careers. Below, you can explore career fields, salary information and employer demand from our partners at Lightcast, the leading labor market and career data provider in the U.S.
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Personal financial advisor $88,890/year
Job outlook through 2028: 7 percent increase
- Financial services sales agent $64,120/year
Job outlook through 2028: 4 percent increase
- Insurance sales agent $50,600/year
Job outlook through 2028: 10 percent increase
- Loan officer $63,040/year
Job outlook through 2028: 8 percent increase
- Financial analysts $85,660/year
Job outlook through 2028: 6 percent increase
Warriors in the Workplace
Indiana Tech graduates with this degree have earned jobs at:
- Phillips Financial
- Merrill Lynch
- Lincoln Financial
- Ash Brokerage
- Quicken Loans
- Discover Financial
- Asher Agency
Indiana Tech students pursuing this degree have interned with:
- Mahara Wealth
- Ontario Ministry of Education
- Penmore Financial Group
- Merrill Lynch
- Center for Creative Collaboration
- Whirlpool Corporation
B.S. Business Administration-Financial Services, 2019
Success StoryElla graduated from Indiana Tech with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration concentrating in financial services in 2019 and was the program's outstanding student of the year. She made the dean's list all four years at Tech and credits Dr. Cryst…
Dr. Crystal Karn
Dr. Karn’s professional background includes extensive experience in the finance industry working with Fortune 500 companies. In addition to her 10-plus years of university teaching experience, Dr. Karn has worked in financial roles including new client acquisition, training, investments, insurance, risk planning, personal and business banking, loans, profit-and-loss analysis, credit management and financial reconciliation. She is an active member of Financial Executives International (FEI) and the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC).
- Ph.D. in Global Leadership, Indiana Tech
- M.B.A., Indiana Tech
- B.A., Interpersonal & Organizational Communication, Purdue University