Information Systems, B.S.School of Computer Sciences
Companies and organizations of every size and description depend on the design, implementation and management of their information technology systems. With a Bachelor of Science in Information Systems from Indiana Tech, you will have the latest knowledge and skills—in computer programming, communications, the Internet, databases and business administration—to meet those organizational needs.
Our program includes the application, implementation and management of information systems, as well as coursework in accounting, programming and network design. This approach will help you become a well-rounded information systems professional.
Why choose Indiana Tech?
- Our information systems program will teach you not just about technology, but how to strategize for its use in an organization, how to collaborate and implement and how to assess results.
- You will learn how to work effectively and communicate with non- technology individuals and areas of organizations.
- Opportunities for industry internships will help you develop career skills, experience and contacts for career placement after graduation.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective fields.
Careers in this Degree
Graduates with this degree have pursued careers in the following fields:
- Health care
- Law enforcement
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Network administrator $82,050/year
Job outlook through 2028: 5 percent increase
- Computer programmer $84,280/year
Job outlook through 2028: 7 percent decrease
- Database administrator $90,070/year
Job outlook through 2028: 9 percent increase
- Software developer $105,590/year
Job outlook through 2028: 21 percent increase
- Information systems manager $142,530/year
Job outlook through 2028: 11 percent increase
Warriors in the Workplace
Indiana Tech graduates with this degree have earned jobs at:
- East Allen County Schools
- Evolution Data Design
- Sling TV
- Muncie Public Library
- Lincoln Financial Group
Indiana Tech students pursuing this degree have interned with:
- Trinetica Inc.
- Indiana Tech
- ACME Machine Corporation
- Brotherhood Mutual Insurance
- House of Public Notice
- Procare Automotive & Collision
- TND Technology Group Inc.
- First Assembly of God
- Huntington County Community School Corporation
- Glenbrook Hyundai
Robert J Fontaine
Professor Fontaine’s background includes extensive private sector experience in software engineering, notably in avionics, ADA and C++, in addition to his years of experience in teaching at the university level.
- MBA, Indiana Tech
- B.S., Electrical Engineering Union College