Health Science, B.S.College of Arts and Sciences
A Bachelor of Science in Health Science from Indiana Tech will prepare you for immediate career placement in a wide range of clinical and allied health care professions that are in high demand across the country.
With coursework that includes anatomy, physiology, health care management, data analysis, psychology and biomedical research, you will learn medical and clinical terminology, protocol and practices, and you will be able to demonstrate critical thinking, inquiry and analysis in scientific, medical and clinical contexts.
Why choose Indiana Tech?
- Inquiry-based training, focusing on professional development and internship experience, will prepare you well for the workforce.
- You will obtain hard skills you will need to compete for immediate clinical placement or to pursue future graduate training.
- You will learn medical and clinical terminology, protocols and practices necessary to excel in various medical settings.
- Integrated authentic preparations for certifications and/or state licensure will be included in your coursework.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective field
Careers in this Degree
Graduates with this degree have pursued careers in the following fields:
- Allied health care
- Medical technology
- Clinical and home health care
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Radiologic and MRI Technologist $61,240/year
Job outlook through 2026: 13 percent increase
- Pharmaceutical sales representative $69,711/year
Job outlook through 2026: 35 percent increase
- Dietitian/nutritionist $60,370/year
Job outlook through 2026: 15 percent increase
- Medical assistant $33,610/year
Job outlook through 2026: 29 percent increase
- Physician assistant* $104,860/year
Job outlook through 2026: 37 percent increase
* will require additional education
Internship opportunities To help launch this new program, we are working with the following partners, among others, to offer internship opportunities for our students:
- Allied health care organizations, such as the Indiana State Department of Health
- Clinical health care facilities, such as Parkview Regional Medical Center and Lutheran Hospital of Indiana
- Home health care or assisted living facilties such as The Towne House