Exercise Science, B.S.College of Arts and Sciences
Do you have a passionate pursuit of personal health and wellness? Do you have a desire to help others pursue that same sense of well-being? If this quest for health and helping others resonates with you, Indiana Tech will help you cultivate it with our degree in exercise science.
Our curriculum provides an effective mix of classroom knowledge with hands-on experience, utilizing professional tools, to prepare you well for a flexible job future. Graduates will be ready to enter positions in a variety of fields or continue their pursuit of a graduate degree in physical therapy, occupational therapy, athletic training and more.
Why choose Indiana Tech?
- You will work with contemporary tools of the trade in our state-of- the-art exercise science laboratory.
- You will learn from current exercise science professionals from the very first semester of your attendance at Indiana Tech.
- Once you graduate, you will be prepared to sit for a certification exam from the American College of Sports Medicine or the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
- You will have several opportunities to attend various professional conferences to start developing their professional network.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective fields.
2020 Indiana Tech graduate
Careers in this Degree
Graduates with this degree have pursued careers in the following fields:
- Medical and nursing
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Fitness and nutrition
- Professional or collegiate athletics
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Personal trainer $39,210/year
Job outlook, 2016-26: 10 percent increase
- Exercise physiologist $49,090/year
Job outlook, 2016-26: 13 percent increase
- Community wellness program director $45,360/year
Job outlook, 2016-26: 16 percent increase
Warriors in the Workplace
Indiana Tech’s Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science launched in 2016. The program will celebrate its first graduates in 2020.
Indiana Tech students pursuing this degree have interned with:
- Athletes With Purpose (AWP)
- Parkview Sports Performance
- Indiana Tech athletic training room
- AnyTime Fitness
Prior to attending graduate school, professor Warning worked as a strength and conditioning coach in the Chicago Cubs organization and as a personal trainer. He is active in a number of professional organizations within the realm of exercise science including, American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), and North American Society for Pediatric Exercise Medicine (NASPEM). His research interests include resistance training and physical activity interventions in children and adolescents.
- Ph.D., Michigan State University
- M.S., Illinois State University
- B.S., Illinois State University