Computer Science, B.S.School of Computer Sciences
For students interested in computer science, Indiana Tech offers two options: a bachelor of arts and a bachelor of science. Both programs provide a broad background in the field of computer science, with extensive work in program development, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, computer system architecture, network architecture, theory of computation, software engineering and programming language design.
The bachelor of science option will focus on software design and development and networking. Your coursework will be steeped in mathematics and science. The degree will prepare you to design and create software to meet a variety of needs or work in various technology roles that require a high level of technical competency.
Why choose Indiana Tech?
- You will take on network and software projects of increasing sophistication as you progress through your coursework.
- Upon completion of this degree, you will be well-prepared to enter the job market or pursue graduate education.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective field.
B.S. in Computer Science, 2018
Careers in this Degree
What you can do with this degree Graduates with this degree have pursued careers in the following fields:
- Government intelligence
- Design and fine arts
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Software developer $103,650/year
Job outlook through 2026: 24 percent increase
- Computer programmer $82,240/year
Job outlook through 2026: 7 percent decrease
- Database administrator $87,020/year
Job outlook through 2026: 11 percent increase
- Web developer $67,990/year
Job outlook through 2026: 15 percent increase
- Computer network architect $104,650/year
Job outlook through 2026: 6 percent increase
Internship opportunities Indiana Tech students pursuing this degree have interned with:
- American Electric Power
- B.F. Goodrich
- Vera Bradley
- DTE Energy
- Ottenweller Contracting
Professor Mansfield has extensive experience in computer engineering, computer systems and software engineering. She has also played an active role in the success of Indiana Tech’s champion Cyber Warriors collegiate cyber defense team, having served multiple years as team coach and advisor.
- M.B.A., Indiana Tech
- B.S., Computer Engineering Indiana Tech