Battery Management Systems, CertificateTalwar College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
Gain a high-demand skill set in a vital, growing field
The electrification of vehicles, industrial equipment and consumer products is happening rapidly across the globe. Battery technologies and systems grow more sophisticated by the day, resulting in great demand for skilled technicians and engineers to work in this vital field. Indiana Tech’s undergraduate certificate in battery management systems (BMS) meets this need by providing students with the skills required to lead this innovative field.
This six-course, 19-credit hour program teaches students the functions of battery management systems; helps them gain understanding of BMS measurements of voltage, current, temperature, isolation, battery safety; and details the assembly steps of modular battery packs. During their certificate courses, students will learn to interpret specifications of battery cells and market available BMS devices; learn the fundamentals behind the construction of battery packs; and recognize the crucial elements for successful design of rechargeable battery systems.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Battery Management Systems Undergraduate Certificate, you will be prepared to:
- Design and program market-ready battery management systems.
- Devise battery pack specifications.
- Design a rechargeable battery pack and install a BMS.
- Program advanced features of a BMS, including data capture
Earning an Indiana Tech certificate is an affordable, time-efficient way to boost your skills and your career prospects:
- Increase your hiring and earning potential.
- Enhance your skills.
- Increase your job and career security.
- Expand your professional network.
- Earn significant credits that can be applied to pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree.