Forensic Science, B.S.
Indiana Tech’s Bachelor of Science in Forensic Science will prepare you for a variety of laboratory-based and advanced forensic science careers. Coursework including molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, analytical chemistry and statistics will help you become a professional with the knowledge, skills and experience to excel in your chosen career path.
You will be immersed in crime scene investigation and multiple, advanced forensic science content areas including forensic serology, evidentiary DNA analysis, forensic entomology and microbial forensics. And, you will learn the methods used to help catch criminals in the real world.
- Cutting-edge, experience-based learning, using modern forensic testing techniques and state-of-the-art equipment.
- Realistic forensic casework projects, including the presentation of evidence in a mock trial.
- Robust coursework that immerses in forensic microbiology, forensic entomology and advanced DNA applications.
- Active learning environment fostered by instructors who bring years of industry experience to the classroom.
With this degree, you can pursue a career in the following fields:
- Law enforcement, corporate and industrial lab analysis
- Microbiology and genetics-based science
- Government sector
Some of the potential jobs include:
- Forensic lab analyst
- Industry/biotechnology analyst
- Quality assurance manager
- Lab supervisor
- Law enforcement
Professor Counsil is an experienced criminal justice educator and was a forensic scientist with the Indiana State Police.
- B.S., Criminal Justice, Oakland City University, 2014
- Ed.D., Biology, Ball State University, 2011
- M.S., Biology, Ball State University, 2008
- B.A., Biology, Hanover College, 2006
Earning this Degree