Sport Management, CertificateCollege of Business
Stand Out and Advance Your Career in the Competitive Field of Sport Management
Indiana Tech’s Sport Management Certificate is designed to provide students a well-rounded education that exposes them to all aspects of the complex and changing sport business environment. Building on practical knowledge of those working in the field, the Sport Management certificate will help you take your skills and understanding to the next level, emphasizing the business, social, cultural and political factors that affect the various areas of the sport industry today. Students will be prepared to advance and become leaders in this rewarding and high-profile field.
Coursework included in the Sport Management certificate program includes: Introduction to Sports Management, Applied Skills in Sport Management, Sports Marketing, Sport Facility and Event Management, and History of Sports Business. Students also choose an additional course among a selection of electives designed to allow each student to follow their career interest in detail.
Student Learning Outcomes
Sport Industry/Business Knowledge: Every students will demonstrate core foundational knowledge in the field of sport.
- Communication and Leadership Skills: Students will be able to give and exchange information within meaningful context and with appropriate delivery and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic and Critical Thinking Skills: Each student will be able to link data, knowledge, and insight together to provide quality advice for strategic decision-making.
- Focus on the Customer, Client and Market: Students will be able to anticipate and meet the changing needs of clients, employers, customers and markets better than competitors.
- Interpretation of Converging Information: Students will be able to interpret and provide a broader context using financial and non-financial information.
- Effective Use of Technology: Students will be able to utilize and leverage technology in ways that add value to clients, customers and employers. Students will be able to use information technology as a tool to do essential business tasks.
- Ethics: Students will be able to understand and apply legal and ethical principles in business, and apply them to ethical individual and organizational decision-making.
Earning an Indiana Tech certificate is an affordable, time-efficient way to boost your skills and your career prospects:
- Increase your hiring and earnings potential.
- Enhance your skills.
- Increase your job and career security.
- Expand your professional network.
- Earn significant credits that can be applied to pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree.