Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Layout, Undergraduate CertificateTalwar College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
Develop the skills needed for a rewarding career in a growing, high-tech field
Printed circuit boards (PCBs) are used in nearly every electronic device manufactured across the world, from consumer products to medical devices, automobiles, advanced manufacturing equipment and much more. Advancements in PCB design and production have created great demand for people with knowledge and skills in PCB design. Indiana Tech’s undergraduate certificate in printed circuit board design meets this need by providing students with the capabilities required to enter and lead this innovative field.
This six-course, 18-credit hour program equips students with knowledge of PCB design starting with the creation of schematics and continuing through final PCB layouts ready for population and production. Students will use state-of-the-art equipment, technologies and design software to understand and design single-sided, double-sided and multilayer PCBs, and to create manufacturing and assembly files. As an additional benefit, the certificate program prepares students for the official PCB design certification from the Institute for Printed Circuits (IPC), a global, industry-recognized standard within the electronics manufacturing industry.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the undergraduate certificate in PCB Layout, students will be prepared to:
- Create market-ready designs for single-sided, double-sided and multilayer printed circuit boards.
- Devise PCB layouts with design files that are ready for rapid prototyping.
- Create board fabrication documentation, circuit schematics and board schematics following IPC standards.
- Devise layouts and place components for Power Boards.
- Obtain the industry-standard Certified Interconnect Designer (CID) certification.
Earning an Indiana Tech certificate is an affordable, time-efficient way to boost your skills and your career prospects:
- Increase your hiring and earnings potential.
- Enhance your skills.
- Increase your job and career security.
- Expand your professional network.
- Earn significant credits that can be applied to pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree.