Legal Studies, CertificateCollege of Arts and Sciences
Enhance Your Legal Knowledge or Prepare for Law School
Indiana Tech’s Legal Studies Undergraduate Certificate program is designed to introduce students to aspects of legal studies which would be helpful in law school or other legal-related careers. Students in this program have access to Indiana Tech’s Pre-Law Advisor to receive help with the process of entering law school and preparing for the LSAT (Law School Admission Test). In addition to those preparing for law school, the Legal Studies certificate provides a solid foundation of knowledge for anyone working in legal offices, including paralegals.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Legal Studies Undergraduate Certificate, you will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate a core foundational knowledge of the legal system in the United States.
- Summarize the major components of the United States’ criminal justice system and explain how they function within the constraints of the law.
- Develop effective oral and written communication skills appropriate to the legal context.
- Provide quality legal advice utilizing data, legal knowledge and insight.
Earning a certificate is an affordable, time-efficient way to boost your skills and your career prospects:
- Increase your hiring and earning potential
- Enhance your skills and expertise
- Close the gap on increased job security
- Expand your professional network
- Make significant progress towards a degree