Human Resources Management Graduate CertificateCollege of Business
Indiana Tech’s Human Resources Management certificate provides each student with advanced, in-depth knowledge of the most critical areas within human resources: compensation, employment law, labor relations and performance management. This program also prepares students to sit for industry-standard Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) exams. Our program curriculum has been reviewed by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and it has received their full endorsement of alignment with their curriculum guidelines.
The Human Resources Management certificate program includes five courses:
- Human Resource Management – MBA 5600 (3 credits)
- Performance Management – MBA 6200 (3 credits)
- Labor Relations – MBA 6210 (3 credits)
- Compensation Management – MBA 6220 (3 credits)
- Employment Law – MBA 6600 (3 credits)
Key Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Human Resources Management Graduate Certificate, you will be prepared to:
- Understand the key areas of human resources: management practices, selection and placement, training and development, compensation and benefits, employee and labor relations, health and safety/security and international human resources issues.
- Identify, measure, and develop the performance of individuals and teams.
- Examine and understand interactions with formal and informal labor organizations.
- Have a deeper understanding of employment law.
- Sit for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and Human Resource Certification Institute certification exams.