Health Information Management, B.S.College of Arts and Sciences
Health information management is essential for successful patient care. That’s why health information management is one of the fastest growing career fields today. Health employers of every description are seeking skilled professionals who can effectively manage and analyze health care data.
The Right Knowledge and Skills
Indiana Tech’s online bachelor of science in health information management will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need in health information management and analysis, data systems development, data mining, and regulatory compliance. Our program focuses on:
- Health information technology, with courses on health information technology and systems, project management, medical coding, health data management, privacy and security.
- Health information management, including health informatics standards, clinical data governance, healthcare statistics and analysis, analytics and decision support, healthcare compliance, process improvement and the legal and ethical aspects of health information management.
- Practical experience, with professional practice experience in health information technology and health information management.
In addition, our program has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM), the accrediting organization for degree-granting programs in health informatics and health information management.
Related Career Fields
Graduates of this program will be prepared for positions such as:
- Health Information Manager
- Health Information Analyst
- Data Integrity Analyst
- Health Data Architect
- Public Health Information Analyst
- Quality Improvement Analyst
- Informatics Researcher
Dr. Megan Patton
Professor Patton has an extensive background in both Health Information Management and Education. She has been in the field for over 20 years, serving in roles such as medical coding, medical billing, data analyst, report writer, consultant, and educator. She is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the Ohio Health Information Management Association (OHIMA). She has served OHIMA as an elected board member, committee leader, and project leader for over 10 years. She holds a doctorate in Education and Leadership in Healthcare, as well as a Master’s in Education with an emphasis in Instructional Technology, a Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management, and an Associate Degree in Health Information Technology.
- Ed.D., Nebraska Methodist College
- M.Ed., American Intercontinental University
- B.S., University of Cincinnati
- A.S., Hocking College