Computer Science, B.A.Talwar College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
A top-quality degree leading to cutting-edge careers
Indiana Tech’s innovative online bachelor of arts in computer science provides students with extensive knowledge and skills in the key areas required in today’s technology careers. During the program, students learn the basics of program development, data structures, operating systems, computer architecture, theory of computation, and network design and computation.
The result: students complete the program prepared to design and create software to meet a wide range of needs, and ready to lead technologyrelated initiatives in industries of every description.
Why Choose Indiana Tech?
- Indiana Tech’s engaging classes are designed and led by instructors with years of real-world experience in their field. As a result, you will gain experience in the challenges you will encounter on the job, in every class you take.
- Every student works on software projects that increase in sophistication throughout the computer science program, giving you a portfolio of professional-grade work by the time you graduate.
- Online courses at Indiana Tech provide an ideal combination of flexibility and personal attention for every student. Complete coursework on your schedule, while also taking part in weekly live online sessions with professors and classmates that enhance your course knowledge and provide professional networking opportunities.
- Graduates of Indiana Tech’s computer science program work for organizations around the world in diverse careers, including as software engineers, software developers, web developers, database programmers, systems administrators, and more.
A B.A. in Computer Science from Indiana Tech prepares you for a wide variety of in-demand careers. Below, you can explore career fields, salary information and employer demand from our partners at Lightcast, the leading labor market and career data provider in the U.S.
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Software developer $105,590/year
Job outlook through 2028: 21 percent increase
- Computer programmer $84,280/year
Job outlook through 2028: 7 percent decrease
- Database administrator $90,070/year
Job outlook through 2028: 9 percent increase
- Web developer $69,430/year
Job outlook through 2028: 13 percent increase
- Computer network architect $109,020/year
Job outlook through 2028: 5 percent increase
Warriors in the Workplace
Indiana Tech graduates with a Computer Science degree have earned jobs at:
- Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions
- Do it Best Corp.
Internship opportunities Indiana Tech students pursuing a Computer Science degree have interned with:
- American Electric Power
- B.F. Goodrich
- Vera Bradley
- DTE Energy
- Ottenweller Contracting
- Emerson Commercial
- Steel Dynamics