Computer Engineering Program Objectives, Outcomes, Enrollment and Graduation
Program Educational Objectives
The Computer Engineering Program Objectives are:
- Our graduates will be employed in computer engineering related fields or in other career fields in industry, business, academe, government, or non-profit organizations.
- Our graduates will continue to enhance their professional skills by participating in professional organizations, completing additional college courses, or completing industry-sponsored short courses.
Student Learning Outcomes
Computer engineering graduates will successfully demonstrate the 7 ABET program outcomes:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles on engineering, science, and mathematics.
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Computer Engineering Program Enrollment & Graduation Data