Business Administration – Marketing, B.S.College of Business
Are you creative? Do you imagine designing ad campaigns for leading-edge companies? Are you interested in creating influence through digital marketing? Do you want to pursue a career in sales or business development?
With a business administration degree concentrating in marketing, you will be able to design communications for media, conduct marketing research, develop public relations programs, create advertising campaigns, adapt marketing initiatives for global opportunities and communicate across cultures.
Why choose Indiana Tech?
- The program lead is experienced in marketing; her experience includes marketing in both domestic and international markets for business-to-business, consumer products and not-for-profit organizations.
- Our students frequently work with community organizations to strategize and execute real-world marketing initiatives.
- You will learn how sociological and psychological behaviors affect the use of social media in marketing communications.
- The program lead is an American Marketing Association member and integrates AMA principles into program course content.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective fields.
B.S. in Business Administration-Marketing, 2019
Careers in this Degree
Graduates with this degree have pursued careers in the following fields:
- Public relations
- Marketing communications
- Digitial and social media
- International marketing
- Sales and business development
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Advertising, promotions, marketing manager $132,620/year
Job outlook, 2016-28: 8 percent increase
- Public relations specialist $60,000/year
Job outlook, 2016-28: 6 percent increase
- Market research analyst $63,210/year
Job outlook, 2016-28: 20 percent increase
- Advertising sales agent $51,740/year
Job outlook, 2016-28: 2 percent decrease
Warriors in the Workplace
Indiana Tech graduates with this degree have earned jobs at:
- Community Health Network
- Do It Best Corp.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Zimmer Biomet
Indiana Tech students pursuing this degree have interned with:
- Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
- Asher Agency
- Brunswick Boat
- Our Sunday Visitor
- Steel Dynamics
- Zimmer Biomet
Dr. Staci Lugar Brettin
Dr. Lugar Brettin’s experience includes launching her own business, and collaborating on the start-up and formation of new ventures. She is also experienced in training entrepreneurs and business owners in business feasibility, start-up evaluation, business plan creation and entrepreneurial planning and growth. She is a member of the American Marketing Association and the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship. She publishes in peer-reviewed journals focused on marketing and entrepreneurship education.
- D.B.A., Anderson University
- M.B.A., Bethel College
- B.A., International Business, Ball State University