Each Indiana Tech student is assigned a faculty advisor to help with choices about curriculum and coursework. The advisors are full-time faculty members and are especially equipped to discuss various academic issues. Advisors are selected based on the specific academic needs of your area of study.
Once your advisor is assigned, you will receive his or her phone number and email address, so that you can contact him or her at your convenience.
Your academic advisor can help you with:
- Scheduling courses to ensure that you stay on track for graduation
- Selecting electives to supplement and complement courses required for your major
- Discussing which degree program is right for you
- Identifying career opportunities in your field of study
- Understanding certification processes (e.g., Society of Human Resource Management, CMA, etc.)
- Deciding whether to continue on for further education such as a master’s degree or professional program such as law school or medical school