Pre-Law, B.S.College of Arts and Sciences
If you believe law school is in your future, make sure you are set up to succeed with a pre-law degree from Indiana Tech. Our program is designed to prepare you to perform well on the Law School Admission Test and for the rigors of law school.
In our program, you will hone skills that are stressed in law school, as identified by the American Bar Association: analysis and problem-solving, critical reading, writing, oral communication and listening, general research and task organization and management. You will take classes in the areas of humanities, communications, business and social sciences to give you a range of knowledge you will need to successfully become a lawyer. In these classes you will engage in debate, expository writing and critical thinking exercises as a necessary component of the coursework.
Why choose Indiana Tech?
- As a result of our robust curriculum, you will not only have the skills to enter law school, but you will also have credentials that go above and beyond basic pre-law programs and separate yourself from other applicants.
- Through our 3+3 Program, you can enter one of our partner law schools right after you complete your junior year at Indiana Tech. If you successfully meet 3+3 Program requirements, you can earn an undergraduate degree and a juris doctor in six years instead of seven.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective fields.
B.S. Pre-Law, 2015
Careers in this Degree
Graduates with this degree have pursued careers in the following fields:
- Politics and legislation
- Law enforcement
- Consulting and mediation
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Attorney/lawyer* $120,910/year
Job outlook through 2028: 6 percent increase
- Paralegal, legal assistant $50,940/year
Job outlook through 2028: 12 percent increase
- Arbitrator, mediator $62,270/year
Job outlook through 2028: 8 percent increase
- Probation officer $53,020/year
Job outlook through 2028: 3 percent increase
- Human resources specialist $60,880/year
Job outlook through 2028: 5 percent increase
*with additional education
Warriors in the World
Several Indiana Tech pre-law graduates are studying law at:
- University of Toledo
- Ohio Northern University
- Indiana University
- University of Southern California
Indiana Tech students pursuing this degree have interned with
- Allen County Probation Department
- Allen County Prosecutor’s Office
- Allen County Magistrate’s Office
Tiffany B. Redies, Esq.
Professor Redies serves as the program lead for Indiana Tech’s pre-law major and is the pre-law advisor in its College of Arts and Science. She is an interdisciplinary scholar, practicing attorney, philosopher and full-time professor. Previously, Professor Redies served for several years as a professor of practice at Northern Arizona University in The W.A. Franke College of Business, with a teaching focus in corporate business ethics and legal compliance. Prior to becoming a full-time professor in 2016, Professor Redies practiced law in a wide variety of practice areas in New York state, including criminal law, business law and trusts and estates practice. In addition to her juris doctor, Professor Redies holds a post-doctoral specialization in international law, as well as master’s degrees in philosophy and higher education leadership. She is passionate about teaching and strives to bring her interdisciplinary legal and philosophical background to every class she teaches by providing a strong focus on ethics and professionalism.