Digital Graphics & Design, B.S.College of Arts and Sciences
Our degree in digital graphics and design with equip you with the latest knowledge and skills in graphic communication to serve a wide range of industries and organizations, including advertising and marketing firms, corporate design departments, publishing companies, web design firms and Internet service companies.
If you have an interest in graphic design that utilizes computer technology, this could be the degree for you. Course emphasis is given to concept development and acquiring the technical skills for visual communication, while also including business, marketing and communication courses, portfolio development and internship opportunities.
Why choose Indiana Tech?
You will learn not just about technology and design, but also how to think strategically about communication, how to solve problems, how to collaborate and implement and how to assess results.
- You will learn how to work effectively and communicate with a wide range of audiences and collaborative team members.
- Opportunities for industry internships will help you develop career skills, experience and contacts for career placement after graduation.
- Indiana Tech fosters an active learning environment, enriched by instructors who possess years of experience in their respective fields.
B.S. in Digital & Graphic Design, 2018
Careers in this Degree
Graduates with this degree have pursued careers in the following fields:
- Marketing and advertising
- Web design and development
- Journalism and publishing
Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree. Additionally, you will find national statistics for average annual salaries and projected job growth, as identified by BLS.gov statistics. Salaries can vary based on the market in which you live and the prior experience you bring to the position.
- Graphic designer $50,370/year
Job outlook through 2028: 3 percent increase
- Web designer $69,430/year
Job outlook through 2028: 13 percent increase
- Multimedia artist, animator $72,520/year
Job outlook through 2028: 4 percent increase
- Public relations specialist $60,000/year
Job outlook through 2028: 6 percent increase
Warriors in the Workplace
Indiana Tech graduates with this degree have earned jobs at:
- Campbell Soup Company
Indiana Tech students pursuing this degree have interned with:
- Sport Form
- Hop River Brewing Company
- Circle Logistics Inc.
- Fastsigns, Lima, Ohio
Dr. Alicia Wireman
Dr. Wireman’s background includes experience in print journalism, freelance reporting and digital communication development. In addition to serving as editor-in-chief of the Grand Valley Lanthorn, she developed digital content for various online platforms. She is currently a member of the Society for Professional Journalists, the Central States Communication Association, the National Communication Association and the Public Relations Society of America. She publishes in peer-reviewed journals that focus on leadership and communication and presents at conferences every year.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Global Leadership, Indiana Tech
- Master of Arts in Communication, Purdue University
- Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature, Grand Valley State University