Assistant Professor, Health Information Technology
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2537
Office: Academic Center, Room 160
M-F: 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
College of Arts and Sciences
Academic Advisor Roles
Health Information Technology
- M.S., Health Information Management, College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, MN (2014)
- Graduate Certificate – Health Information Exchange (2012)
- M.S., Business Management, Colorado Technical University, Colorado Springs, CO (2006)
- Graduate Certificate – Project Management (2006)
- Graduate Certificate – Change Management (2006)
- Graduate Certificate – Business and IT Transformation (2006)
- B.S., Information Technology, University of Phoenix, Southfield, MI Extension (2004)
- A.S., Computer Technology, Wayne County Community College, Detroit, MI (2004)
Lyn Taylor is a Registered Health Information Administrator and a Certified Compliance Officer who recently began her career in teaching courses in the Health Information Technology program here at Indiana Tech. As an Assistant Professor in General Studies, she is currently teaching the HIT 1200 Health Information Technology capstone course and the HIT 1100 Medical Terminology course. She is also assisting with placing students for their clinical field experience in the HIT 2600 Field Experience course, and assisting with the Accreditation Process for the HIT Associate Degree Program. Lyn has also assisted with the soon to be implemented Health Care Informatics Bachelor Degree program.
Prior to this, she worked as a Medical Records Administrator and Compliance Officer for her family owned clinic in Arizona, as a Quality Analyst contractor on the National Groups Health Care Reform team for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan. Prior to this, she spent 20 years as a Police Officer, Firefighter, and Emergency Medical Technician before retiring as a Sergeant for the Detroit Police Department.
- 2014: “Health Literacy Tools Prior To Patient Discharge”
- 2012: “Patient Health Literacy” Duluth MN
- 2012: “Patient Health Records” Debate Team Duluth MN
- 2012: “Coordination of Benefits” Jawood, Bingham Farms, MI
- 2012: “A Faster and Quicker Way to UAT”, Jawood, TPC 2 Bingham Farms, MI
No information available.