Assistant Professor of Developmental Composition
Phone: 260.422.5561 x2466
Office: Academic Center 159
- MWF 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. and 10 – 2:00 p.m.
- T/R 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- ENG1100 Introduction to College Writing
College of General Studies
Academic Advisor Roles
Master of Arts
English: Rhetoric and Composition
Ball State University (2011)
Bachelor of Science
Secondary Education: English major; Psychology minor
Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne (2001)
Indiana Writing Project, 2009 – 2017: Vice President and Invitational Leadership Institute & Summer Programs Co-director
Southwest Allen County Schools, 2001 – 2016: English, Composition, Read180, Language Arts Essential Skills Teacher; Department Chair, Team Leader, In-Service and Professional Development Presenter
- “I-Search Paper: Learn How.” Best Practices Showcase Presenter. University of St. Francis University. 2014
- “Understanding and Promoting Authorship in the Middle School Classroom.” Ball State University. 2011.
Southwest Allen County Schools District In-service and Professional Development Presentations:
- “Reading and Writing Workshop Methods.” 2013
- “Writing Workshop Basics.” 2012
- “Intersecting Technology and Learning Places.” 2012
- “I-Search Research.” 2011
- “Writing Trends.” 2009
2007 – Summit Middle School Teacher of the Year
2001 – Outstanding Future Teacher, Indiana Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
My life passion is to learn — to progress academically, personally, and spiritually and to share that adventure with others. This can happen while I’m researching, teaching, loving my family, drinking coffee or taking in the sights, smells, and sounds of Lake Michigan. As a life-long-learner, I encourage my students to risk — even failure — to discover their voice and their passion.