Faculty of the Year
Each year at Commencement, Indiana Tech honors one faculty member with the Faculty of the Year Award.
The Faculty of the Year Award recipient demonstrates excellence in teaching in the following ways:
- Knows the subject matter well and effectively teaches the material
- Has high expectations and helps the students to achieve them
- Is approachable and willing to help individual students
- Models the kind of behavior he or she desires in the students
- Provides opportunities for learning and growth to students
- Builds strong relationships with students and colleagues
A committee of students in traditional programs and the College of Professional Studies chooses the winner from nominations submitted by students.
A list of past Faculty of the Year award winners are listed below.
2016 faculty nominations
To nominate a professor for 2016, complete all fields and submit the form below.
Nominations must be received by 5:00 p.m., April 15, 2016.