Dr. Sagnika Ghosh
College of Engineering
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2309
Cell Phone: 573-202-9619
Office: Zollner 213A
- EE 4800: Linear Controls
- EE 3750: Electronics Laboratory
- EE 3200: Electronics I
- EE 4450: Machines/Control Laboratory
- EE 3650: Circuits Laboratory
Academic Advisor Roles
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Memphis, 2018
M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Memphis, 2013
B. Tech in Electrical Engineering, WBUT, India, 2010
Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering, Indiana Institute of Technology, Fort Wayne, IN, 2018-Present.
Research Assistant in Electric Power and Energy Systems (EPES) Lab of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, 2017-2018.
Instructor of Electrical technologies, Southwest Tennessee Community College, Memphis. TN, 2014- 2016.
Research Assistant in Electric Power and Energy Systems (EPES) Lab of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, 2012-2014.
- S. Ghosh and M. H. Ali, “Exploring Severity Ranking of Cyber-Attacks in Modern Power Grid,” Paper ID: 19PESGM2541, Accepted for presentation at the IEEE PES General Meeting to be held on August 4-8 2019 at Atlanta, GA, USA.
- S. Ghosh and M. H. Ali, “Power Quality Enhancement by Coordinated Operation of Thyristor Switched Capacitor and Optimal Reclosing of Circuit Breakers” Journal of IET-Generation, Transmission & Distribution, vol. 9, Issue 12, pp.1301-1307, September 2015.
- S. Ghosh and M. H. Ali, ”Augmentation of Power Quality of Grid-Connected Wind Generator by Fuzzy Logic Controlled TSC,” Proceedings of the IEEE PES Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Conference & Exposition, Denver, USA, April 16-19, 2018.
- S. Ghosh, Mohd. Hasan Ali and Dipankar Dasgupta,” Effects of Cyber-Attacks on the Energy Storage in a Smart Microgrid System,” Proceedings of the IEEE PES GM, 2018.
- S. Ghosh and M. H. Ali, “Minimization of Adverse Effects of Time Delay in Smart Power Grid,” Proceedings of the IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT) Conference, Paper ID: 219, Washington D.C., USA, February 19-22, 2014.
- S. Ghosh and M. H. Ali, “Load Angle Based Optimal Reclosing Technique of Circuit Breakers for Power Quality Enhancement”, Paper ID: 55, Proceedings of the IEEE SoutheastCon 2013, Florida, USA, April 4-7, 2013.
- Y. Zhou, S. Ghosh, M. H. Ali, and T. E. Wyatt, “Minimization of Negative Effects of Time Delay in Smart Grid System”, Paper ID: 39, Proceedings of the IEEE SoutheastCon 2013, Florida, USA, April 4-7, 2013.
|My future research plans include developing techniques to leverage the capabilities of future “smart microgrid” in order to improve power system reliability and economics, minimize the cyber-attacks. Creation of future smart grids will require collaborations among a wide variety of researchers in such fields as automatic control, signal processing, communications, cyber-security, power electronics, electric machines, computer science, economics, and policy analysis. I worked on a project for development of an algorithm to mitigate adverse effects of time delays on smart grid, explored cyber security issue and solution for Energy Storage at smart microgrid system, investigating and testing of cyber-security in protective relay system of smart power distribution Grid and development to minimize adverse effects of time delays in smart power grid.|