Exercise Science, B.S.
We know that for many people, health and fitness are a way of life. They are driven by a passion for not only a personal pursuit of wellness, but a desire to help others pursue that same sense of well-being. Indiana Tech shares that passion, which is why our bachelor of science in exercise science stands out.
A practical, hands-on approach
We believe that hands on experiences utilizing professional tools help our students develop important skills. Our curriculum employs not only classroom experiences, but extensive hands on practice in our state of the art exercise science laboratory, adjusting to real-life settings easily. Our students are up-to-date in current research and hands on skills, with a curriculum strong in technology, practical clinical experience, and hands-on field experiences and internships.
Three themes central to our graduates
We stress the hands-on model of learning in the majority of our coursework. Three themes run strong throughout the program and are ingrained in our graduates:
- The ability to think critically and apply evidence based practices to create exercise programming for any population
- The skills needed to assess client readiness and interest in pursuing health and wellness
- Developing professional competence and leadership skills
These concepts are stressed in every aspect of our program, leading to professional, responsible, and caring exercise professionals.
An exercise science degree prepares a student for a flexible job future. Exercise science majors earn positions in such fields as:
- Personal Trainer
- Exercise Physiologist
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Specialist
- Corporate Employee Fitness/Wellness Director